Topics

CNC 5 X Axis thrust bearing

marty_in_mesa

I'm working on a newer gray/red CNC5. I noted some play between the X axis leadscrew and the thrust bearing. The machine is pristine. I wanted to remove the pulley to check to see if it had not been adjusted correctly, I could not remove the set screw locking the pulley to the leadscrew.

I assume, the setscrew comes out, then the pulley screws/unscrews from the leadscrew and snugging up the pulley takes up the play between the leadscrew and the thrust bearing?

If anyone can shed some light on the process, I would be most appreciative. There is about .002+ of play there.

Marty