Topics

New to CNC and the group with a couple questions

Rowan Schwartz

Also does anybody have a copy or any software for this stuff?

Rowan Schwartz

which software will I need to run it I am designing parts in fusion360. WinNC? Mastercam? wincam?

Rowan Schwartz

Thanks

marty_in_mesa

Hopefully, he can pull the files you need off the drive....
Good luck
Marty

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020, 7:32 PM <rowan@...> wrote:
I contacted my friend the is good with PCs he said he can fix it so I ll have him fix it and hopefully we will be up and running

Rowan Schwartz

I contacted my friend the is good with PCs he said he can fix it so I ll have him fix it and hopefully we will be up and running

Nick Stewart

You need the PC, the controllers will only interface with the PC, much like a standard keyboad

Rowan Schwartz

Can someone help me get the lathe always working manually using the controller or do you need the pc to even hook up the controller?

marty_in_mesa

I suggest you have someone knowledgeable with PCs check it, and also make sure it is connected properly, and configured properly in the computer Bios. It indeed may be bad but it's worth double checking

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 9:28 PM <rowan@...> wrote:
The computer asked me to insert a boot disk

Rowan Schwartz

The computer asked me to insert a boot disk

marty_in_mesa

What makes you sure the hard drive is dead?
Marty

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 6:11 PM <rowan@...> wrote:
I recently was given a  pc turn 50 lathe and need help
it came with a computer and monitor with a dead hard drive and two control panels. All I have done so far is turn the computer on and see the dead drive. I have no software or anything if anybody can help me at least get the lathe to function and setup it would be much appreciated

Rowan Schwartz