From: Emco-CNC-Users@groups.io <Emco-CNC-Users@groups.io> on behalf of Jan Emco via Groups.Io <jhoogma@...>
Sent: 20 February 2019 15:39
To: emco-cnc-users@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Emco-CNC-Users] ISA computer card PC Turn 50? Moderator: Moderators

Arjan,

It is not only the Isa card you need. You also need an old Pentium 2 computer.
And it must running under windows-98. And old Dell from 1998 can do the job.  ( the grey boxes )
If you have that all you can also install the unofficial W98 SE-3.  It got many improvements.

But in your case as it is for a school I would advise to upgrade the system to Mach-3 (or 4).
The lifespan of the system is than much more increased. It becomes maintainable and kids can use more up to day applications.
I assume you are living in the Netherlands. There a a few people who can help you with that upgrade.

I believe that now a days the five phase motors that are used in the old Emco's can be used either.

Jan

Jan Emco

Arjan,

It is not only the Isa card you need. You also need an old Pentium 2 computer.
And it must running under windows-98. And old Dell from 1998 can do the job.  ( the grey boxes )
If you have that all you can also install the unofficial W98 SE-3.  It got many improvements.

But in your case as it is for a school I would advise to upgrade the system to Mach-3 (or 4).
The lifespan of the system is than much more increased. It becomes maintainable and kids can use more up to day applications.
I assume you are living in the Netherlands. There a a few people who can help you with that upgrade.

I believe that now a days the five phase motors that are used in the old Emco's can be used either.

Jan

emco@...

Thank you for the update, I updated win98 2nd edition to service pack 3 still  working no problem. looking forward to get the the rs485 card , am here in the USA in chicago.

arjan.dijk

Will not run under Windows XP as it does not support your EMCO. As I understand because you need to be be able to assign hardware IRQ adresses, winXP does nog support that

Op ma 18 feb. 2019 om 06:48 schreef <emco@...>:

even fault cards still interested to buy them , I can fix them , also I have a working machine pcturn 55 with rs-485 card , still in perfect shape and the fanuc0t is working perfect with winnc32 on win98, I do not have the installation disks
that is why I cloned the hard disk as a back up , interested to buy the installation software so I can try to see if I can run it under winxp x32?.  I need a backup isa card if possible.

emco@...

even fault cards still interested to buy them , I can fix them , also I have a working machine pcturn 55 with rs-485 card , still in perfect shape and the fanuc0t is working perfect with winnc32 on win98, I do not have the installation disks
that is why I cloned the hard disk as a back up , interested to buy the installation software so I can try to see if I can run it under winxp x32?.  I need a backup isa card if possible.

arjan.dijk

I got Benny Croonens card and I hope to test it soon. This one is different from the PC55 one so hopefully can help you with that.

Regards Arjan

Op zo 17 feb. 2019 om 11:08 schreef <emco@...>:

i am looking for an isa card for pcturn 55  let me know if still available for sale
regards salim

emco@...

i am looking for an isa card for pcturn 55  let me know if still available for sale
regards salim

David Rabenius

Benny
Could you take a picture of the card where the jumpers are? They are green and have 3 wires per row x 3 rows.

To: Emco-CNC-Users@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 5:40 PM

i have a
orginal ISA rs485 card of the emco it is comming from a PC
turn 50 But I never have test it it was by a EMCO turn 50
pc. that I have byI can sale it.Greetings
Benny
Op wo 16 jan. 2019
om 22:15 schreef arjan.dijk <arjan.dijk@gmail.com>:
Anybody want to sell his
ISA computer card? I'm helping a school where the
computer is gone, but the machine is still there.

Regards Arjan

Croonen