Topics

ISA computer card PC Turn 50? Moderator: Moderators

arjan.dijk

Anybody want to sell his ISA computer card? I'm helping a school where the computer is gone, but the machine is still there.

Regards Arjan

Croonen

i have a orginal ISA rs485 card of the emco it is comming from a PC turn 50 But I never have test it it was by a EMCO turn 50 pc. that I have by
I can sale it.
Greetings Benny

Op wo 16 jan. 2019 om 22:15 schreef arjan.dijk <arjan.dijk@...>:

Anybody want to sell his ISA computer card? I'm helping a school where the computer is gone, but the machine is still there.

Regards Arjan

David Rabenius

Benny
Could you take a picture of the card where the jumpers are? They are green and have 3 wires per row x 3 rows.

Subject: Re: [Emco-CNC-Users] ISA computer card PC Turn 50? Moderator: Moderators
To: Emco-CNC-Users@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 5:40 PM

i have a
orginal ISA rs485 card of the emco it is comming from a PC
turn 50 But I never have test it it was by a EMCO turn 50
pc. that I have byI can sale it.Greetings
Benny
Op wo 16 jan. 2019
om 22:15 schreef arjan.dijk <arjan.dijk@...>:
Anybody want to sell his
ISA computer card? I'm helping a school where the
computer is gone, but the machine is still there.

Regards Arjan

emco@...

i am looking for an isa card for pcturn 55  let me know if still available for sale
regards salim

arjan.dijk

I got Benny Croonens card and I hope to test it soon. This one is different from the PC55 one so hopefully can help you with that.

Regards Arjan

Op zo 17 feb. 2019 om 11:08 schreef <emco@...>:

i am looking for an isa card for pcturn 55  let me know if still available for sale
regards salim

emco@...

even fault cards still interested to buy them , I can fix them , also I have a working machine pcturn 55 with rs-485 card , still in perfect shape and the fanuc0t is working perfect with winnc32 on win98, I do not have the installation disks
that is why I cloned the hard disk as a back up , interested to buy the installation software so I can try to see if I can run it under winxp x32?.  I need a backup isa card if possible.

arjan.dijk

Will not run under Windows XP as it does not support your EMCO. As I understand because you need to be be able to assign hardware IRQ adresses, winXP does nog support that

Op ma 18 feb. 2019 om 06:48 schreef <emco@...>:

even fault cards still interested to buy them , I can fix them , also I have a working machine pcturn 55 with rs-485 card , still in perfect shape and the fanuc0t is working perfect with winnc32 on win98, I do not have the installation disks
that is why I cloned the hard disk as a back up , interested to buy the installation software so I can try to see if I can run it under winxp x32?.  I need a backup isa card if possible.

emco@...

Thank you for the update, I updated win98 2nd edition to service pack 3 still  working no problem. looking forward to get the the rs485 card , am here in the USA in chicago.

Jan Emco

Arjan,

It is not only the Isa card you need. You also need an old Pentium 2 computer.
And it must running under windows-98. And old Dell from 1998 can do the job.  ( the grey boxes )
If you have that all you can also install the unofficial W98 SE-3.  It got many improvements.

But in your case as it is for a school I would advise to upgrade the system to Mach-3 (or 4).
The lifespan of the system is than much more increased. It becomes maintainable and kids can use more up to day applications.
I assume you are living in the Netherlands. There a a few people who can help you with that upgrade.

I believe that now a days the five phase motors that are used in the old Emco's can be used either.

Jan

wild_kow

An important point is that you cannot use an onboard video processor. This must be disabled and a plug-in video card fitted. That's the only way that Windows can allocate the correct IRQ and address to the Emco Card. Other onboard I/O processors may cause conflicts - excess USB and Serial as examples. Disable anything onboard which is not absolutely required.

It took me a long time to work out what was causing my system not to work - days and cups of coffee! I now only buy older PC's if I can see they have a video card fitted into one of the slots.

John