Topics

CNC Turn 55 Also Need Help

John Kiely

Hi guys I already posted a message asking for help but as the group was in the process of moving over things might have gone a bit awry.
Similar to another post I am also setting up a EMCO CNC Turn 55.
I have the emco RS485 Card a W95 computer and the software is already installed.
I need to test this machine, I haven't a clue as I have never operated this machine before.

Can anyone give me a a simple rundown on how to test this machine using the G-Code program?
Last thing I want is for the saddle to crash in to the chuck.
So a simple rundown on how to test and calibrate would be most useful.
I also need to know what the msd file is for?

Can anyone help?

Regards

John Kiely

wild_kow

Hi John,

You need Emco Winnc, which is operating software. If all is working OK when you switch on you will be told to Zero All. This takes the machine to the zero points, which amongst other parameters, is determined in the .msd file - that is specific to your machine. A replacement can be obtained from Emco if you do not have one, which obviously you do.

A turn 50 manual is a good place to start. If you will use a keyboard, the hot keys are listed in the manual. If a touch pad, an overlay should be available.

John

Hi guys I already posted a message asking for help but as the group was in the process of moving over things might have gone a bit awry.
Similar to another post I am also setting up a EMCO CNC Turn 55.
I have the emco RS485 Card a W95 computer and the software is already installed.
I need to test this machine, I haven't a clue as I have never operated this machine before.

Can anyone give me a a simple rundown on how to test this machine using the G-Code program?
Last thing I want is for the saddle to crash in to the chuck.
So a simple rundown on how to test and calibrate would be most useful.
I also need to know what the msd file is for?

Can anyone help?

Regards

John Kiely

John Kiely

Thanks for that, but where do you place the msd file?
I got my msd file separate from the rest.
Can you put it in the main WinCC directory?

Thanks for the help so far , But I have a feeling I will be asking more questions.

Regards

John Kiely

wild_kow

John, when you install Winnc, you are asked to put the msc disk in the drive. The program puts the necessary data where it needs to.

John