Topics

Emco F1 CNC Stepper Motor

Francis

Hello,
I would like to change the stepper motor of my Milling machine Emco F1 CNC.
What do you think off this stepper motor?
Sorry for my Enghish , i am french.

Regards,

Francis.

Emgee Radian

Hi Francis

I can't open your screenshot, can you post a page link to the stepper ?
Nothing wrong with your English, no need to apologise !!!!

Marcus

Emgee Radian

Best join the Emco F1 group Francis, link below.

Francis

Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Emco_cnc_users] Emco F1 CNC Stepper Motor

Hi Francis

I can't open your screenshot, can you post a page link to the stepper ?
Nothing wrong with your English, no need to apologise !!!!

Marcus

Francis

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for the information, so I will order 3 motors.
I would be sure to keep you informed on the project's progress.
I also have an Emco Compact 3 CNC and I want to do the same thing, so probably need your knowledge.

Francis.

Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 2:46 PM

Hi Francis

Nema 23 is a direct bolt on replacement for the Emco stepper, the shaft size is 6.35mm (1/4") as Emco but may be a little shorter output shaft but you can always secure the steel output pinion with Loctite or similar.

Quoted holding torque is about twice that of the original Emco stepper so should be OK.

Keep us informed of your updating progress.

Marcus

Emgee Radian

Hi Francis

Nema 23 is a direct physical size bolt on replacement for the Emco stepper, the shaft size is 6.35mm (1/4") as Emco but may be a little shorter output shaft but you can always secure the steel output pinion with Loctite or similar retaining compound.
You will have to replace the stepper control boards to drive the new steppers, this also means replacing the control system to Mach or similar, in other words a complete retro-fit.

Quoted holding torque is about twice that of the original Emco stepper so should be OK.

If you only want to change steppers so you can use Mach or similar control system have you seen the article in the F1 group Files section by Peter detailing a low cost conversion that retains the original Emco power supply, drivers and steppers ?