Topics

Compact5 CNC Identification

stfff22@...

Hi everyone. First I've to say thats site is very helpful and i'm very happy to have joined this groups.

I'm new owner of compact5 cnc with ATC and few spare parts.  Lathe works fine but confuse me a bit.

Front panel show 28 G-Code plus M-Code, seem to be mk4 but at rear CPU board show  "A6C114003" (http://www.lathes.co.uk/emco/page11.html say mk2).

M30 work but M03 M05 dont start or stop spindle.  ATC work fine with M06 or manual.  G95 work and feed follow spindle speed.  I am not able to threading, program seem to hold with no reaction of lathe.

It have db25 connector at rear and round one but i have no communication with PC.
 I made cable db25 to db9 with no result and i've tried also directly on board to db9 and not work.
It can be my serial to usb but it seem to working properly.

I would like to use as is before retrofit but with no m03 m05 and no communication it is not really handful plus my button panel are dirty and work one time in two.

If someone can light me i would appreciate.

Thanks

diego agudelo <diego.agudelo@...>

friend could see that I work with a usb port. that means you already took the step for rs232. I would like to know how did the connection to your pc with the same or adaptation with usb. garcias and excuse me for not having an answer to your problem

El Jueves, 23 de enero, 2014 19:24:29, "stfff22@..." escribió:

[...]

I use prolific usb to db9 adapter and i've made cable with shematic in file section. I tried also direct on board instead of db25 at rear of lathe.  Is lenght of my cable should be issue? It is about 18 feet. Does metal socket of db9 and db25 should be link together with 5th wire?

diego agudelo <diego.agudelo@...>

thanks friend. indeed in the area where I live there is not much familiarity with these components and I do not handle this well!. and I think this is becoming a problem. I describe my situation: I try to use the interface but I could not adjust it, then put it together I saw the rs232, but I am using a mach 3 and I have to set the pins, I'm doing this with a friend who manages the party system. we have 5 lathes compact five and two f1. if you could share a document I would be helpful. once again thank you very much.

El Jueves, 23 de enero, 2014 20:00:03, "stfff22@..." escribió:

I use prolific usb to db9 adapter and i've made cable with shematic in file section. I tried also direct on board instead of db25 at rear of lathe.  Is lenght of my cable should be issue? It is about 18 feet. Does metal socket of db9 and db25 should be link together with 5th wire?

stfff22@...

You should open your own post, it will be more easy to other member to help us with our specific problem.  It is difficult to navigate this site compared to common forum but this groups contain a lot of information and search function is the best way i found to find what i need.  Unfortunately i have to ask to group help because i have not find answer to my identification question.

stfff22@...

I have the 2 position white switch to start spindle. m03 m04 is read when running program but have no effect.

m.wg@...

Hi

Check in this picture to see the DNC pcb, look at E6 and you see the relay socket, that's the relay controlled by M03 command, if you don't have the DNC board fitted then M03 has no function. Perhaps the relay is in the bottom of the cabinet, there is no retaining clip.!!!!!!

Hope this helps, Marcus

stfff22@...

Hi Marcus.

I have DNC board with relay socket but no relay in it.  Unfortunately it has not fallen to the bottom.  Does it only need relay and wire to make work m03 ? Will this control variable speed also?  I've check a bit on ebay but didnt find.

I have resolve my rs232 communication problem.  It was usb adaptor.  I've tried with an old laptop with native serial db9 and it work like a charm.

Do you have any idea how to clean keypad?  It is not working fine.  It miss key or enter twice value.  Hardware store sell me brake and electric cleaner.  It is written "clean electric contact and dissolve oil, protect rubber contact of the cleaner and try plastic on smaller area before use."

I would like to clean photo sensor and perforate disc too but im not sure if this cleaner is too strong.

Thanks

m.wg@...

Check in the Photo section for my picture file, just added some pics of the relay so you can get the type needed. it is a DPCO with 12V DC coil and contacts rated at 10A 230v .

Wiring is shown in the picture. You will know if your wiring is complete because you can view the Red LED's operating when you try to use M03 to start and M05 to stop the spindle.

This DNC board only starts and stops the spindle motor, it doesn't change the speed of the spindle on the standard set-up, speed is still set by the pot on the control panel.

If you change the position of the speed sensor device be sure to get it back exactly correct or you may lose ability to thread. Best check the threading works before loosening the sensor screws, if it works OK and spindle rpm is recording my advice would be to leave well alone, if it aint broke why fix it ?

Rgds, Marcus

stfff22@...

Thanks for info.

Where goes 2-3 black wire on connector next to socket relay?  I've not this connector with wires.

I've tried some threading code and it seem to work as is.  So I will not disassemble sensor.

Thanks

m.wg@...

Depends on which spindle control switch is fitted to your lathe. There is a live mains voltage AC wire to the common  side of a NO (normally open) pair of contacts, this linked to the other Common terminal so there are 2 sets of contacts working in parallel.

Then when you operate M03,and the relay energises, a cable from the linked NO contacts is the live AC feed to the Motor Control Board to start the spindle.

Basically the relay is in parallel with the switch so either will start the spindle regardless of position of the other device.

If you have the latest 3 position NVR switch fitted check the schematic drawing for further information, probably best to do that in any case as the CIRCUIT WE ARE DISCUSSING IS AT MAINS POTENTIAL SO BE SAFE AND REMOVE PLUG FROM POWER SOCKET BEFORE WORKING IN THE PANEL.

Rgds, Marcus