Topics

Emco CAD Cam with new PC?

Dieter

Henk Verschuren
01/09/13 #3533
One of the users hacked the program so it can send files at 9600 baud (in stead of 300). I didn't try it yet though.
Regards,
Henk
Hallo Emco-users,
Hallo Henk, happy to hear from you, are you still using the old C5-Controller?

Yes, the program can send with 9600Bd, but at full speed only to an other computer. If I remember correctly you made transfers this way and so I modified the program,
I never used it to, it was more for fun. The settings for the serial interface must be done before starting the soft by a DOS-batch file.
To send with 9600 Bd one must use the a terminal-prog (Hyperterminal in XP for example) where the "line delay" is configurable. It works well with 20 ms, but sure
we then have not 9600 Bd but around 8000, I measured it, but I forgot the exact values. However its much faster than original 300 or 1200 Bd. (1200 is the max. value
possible without "line delay" and a "hacked 1200 Bd EPROM" exist). The C5-Controller is to slow so we need this line-delay.
Of course one need a modified C5-EPROM. I made some modifications to my controller: 9600 Bd, 990 lines of code, comments in the CNC-program, in MAN-mode
the actual X/Y-values are not deleted when switching to CNC-mode and the are updated when working in CNC-mode, 200/rev steps instead of 72/rev with old modified hybrid motors
so I could still use the original drivers (I made special rotors without magnets so we have a reluctance.motor again and I changed the internal wiring in the motors),
a relay-card for the M08/M09 and M22/M23 and now M04 (spindle counter-clockwise, and the very best: in MFI one can add this new code) a keyboard instead of the
cassette-recorder with STOP, INTERMEDIATE, LOADING/SENDING programs etc etc.
There are still some bugs, I'm still working on, but it's like Henk said: If you like old fashion electronic from the eighties......

I never published the HEX-files because it's not 100 % finished (to use them one need to makes heavy hardware-mods) and most people make upgrades to modern controller and motors and there is no great interest.

Dieter

Felix

and the Main Menu thing is also done :-)

you can navigate with the "F-Buttons" (e.g. F8 for MAIN MENU 8)

:-)

Felix

...ok now I've found the Demo thing :-)

For others with the same problem:

In DOSBox mount the unzipped folder (e.g c c:\dos\cadcam)
the in Dosbox change directory to c:\
DON'T start the COMPACT5.EXE FIEL!
Start the I.EXE (Installer) intead!

Now you have the "right" Version...

Felix

Hello,

I have a CNC5 MK4 an I downloaded the 5CNC.zip in the File Section.
I've installed DOSBOX 0.74-2 on a Windows 7 64-Bit machine.

Everything starts great but I can't navigate in the MAIN MENU!
Is there a trick? When I move my mouse down, i can choose from "1 WORK PIECE" or " 2 DRAW" but nothing else!?
Wich restrictions are in the "DEMOVERSION" is it possible to make there a "FULLVERSION" :-)

Best Regards
Felix

wilfried

--- In Emco_cnc_users@..., "icpms0815" wrote:

I Downloaded the old emco CAD Cam Software from the file section.
With my Compact 5 CNC i use a win xp Laptop.
But the Old DOS Software won't run on xp.
How did you manage it?
Is there an additional tool i need?

Run-time error F6700:Open (pso.lat)

Thanks
It should work when you edit the autoexec.nt.
In my case (XP-Media-Center)
"compact5.exe"
- properties/program/extended
It shows you which autoexec xp uses.
I rem(arked) all modules which are not needed (normally all of them).
The program need nearly all of the available memory

Regards Wolfgang

Henk Verschuren

Hi Cam,

I didn't try myself, but according to the messages DOSOX will run under WIN7 (32 and 64 bit).

I am using the Emco Basis CADCAM that you will find in the files section: FILES >
'Emco compact 5 cnc lathe' > '5CNC.ZIP'.
Speed is not really an issue I think. Any computer will be much faster then the 'original' ones.

--- In Emco_cnc_users@..., "Cam Sparrow" wrote:

> Hello Henk , Cam Sparrow here from Sydney AUSTRALIA...
>
> Which EMCO Compact 5 software version are you using??
>
> I am keen to run the Compact software on a faster computer (or any other
> computer really) I currently have a stand alone Pentium running dos version
> 6.22.
>

> Will DOS BOX install to current Windows 7 OS??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cam.

Cam Sparrow

Hello Henk , Cam Sparrow here from Sydney AUSTRALIA...

Which EMCO Compact 5  software version are you using??

I am keen to run the Compact software on a faster computer (or any other computer really) I currently have a stand alone Pentium running dos version 6.22.

Will DOS BOX install to current Windows 7 OS??

Thanks,

Cam.

I run the Emco CADCAM on Windows XP using DOSBOX 0.74.

Works flawless.

Henk

--- In Emco_cnc_users@..., "icpms0815" wrote:

> I Downloaded the old emco CAD Cam Software from the file section.
> With my Compact 5 CNC i use a win xp Laptop.
> But the Old DOS Software won't run on xp.
> How did you manage it?
> Is there an additional tool i need?
>
> Run-time error F6700:Open (pso.lat)
>
> Thanks

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.

Henk Verschuren

I run the Emco CADCAM on Windows XP using DOSBOX 0.74.

Works flawless.

Henk

--- In Emco_cnc_users@..., "icpms0815" wrote:

> I Downloaded the old emco CAD Cam Software from the file section.
> With my Compact 5 CNC i use a win xp Laptop.
> But the Old DOS Software won't run on xp.
> How did you manage it?
> Is there an additional tool i need?
>
> Run-time error F6700:Open (pso.lat)
>
> Thanks

Peter Keizer <keizer.peter@...>

I'm not sure whether the CADCAM software works the same as the emco 5 PC software, but if it does, I never run it from win xp. I actually made a boot disk. Which boots that software from the hard disk when the cd is in the tray.

This means that if I put my boot disk in the tray and start up my computer, it will load emco's software. Straight from dos.
If I don't put it in the tray, my computer will boot windows.

I'm not sure if I have the image for that disk. Perhaps I can make one from the cd that I have made.

Hope this message helped you a bit..

Regards, Peter.

Op 8 jan. 2013 om 16:49 heeft "icpms0815" <icp-ms@...> het volgende geschreven:

I Downloaded the old emco CAD Cam Software from the file section.
With my Compact 5 CNC i use a win xp Laptop.
But the Old DOS Software won't run on xp.
How did you manage it?
Is there an additional tool i need?

Run-time error F6700:Open (pso.lat)

Thanks