Topics

DC motor

belgyseppe <belgyseppe@...>

hello, I need to find the data sheet of an DC motor of the emco compact 5 cnc for my school. And if it's not to difficult I need to replace it with an other motor, but I don't know witch motor. I would be very grateful if someone could help me
thank you

marty_in_mesa

Its a 90vdc .5hp motor. Why do you want to change it? Its a good motor. DC controllers are readily available and would give you variable speed.
Marty

belgyseppe <belgyseppe@...>

Because the engine is broke, and I can't find the axact same motor in Belgium. And we are not allowed to do the chance with a second handed motor. but thanks

--- In Emco_cnc_users@..., Marty Escarcega wrote:

Its a 90vdc .5hp motor. Why do you want to change it? Its a good motor. DC
controllers are readily available and would give you variable speed.
Marty

mustgofast2002 <m.wg@...>

Hi

In Europe the motor voltage will be 180vDC when using a 230v AC supply,
Marty refers to 110/120v supply as in USA where the 90vDC motor is used.

--- In Emco_cnc_users@..., Marty Escarcega wrote:

Its a 90vdc .5hp motor. Why do you want to change it? Its a good motor. DC
controllers are readily available and would give you variable speed.
Marty

nitewatchman5

Both 90VDC and 180VDC motors are fairly common in the US from companies such as WW Grainger.

gary

In Europe the motor voltage will be 180vDC when using a 230v AC supply,
Marty refers to 110/120v supply as in USA where the 90vDC motor is used.

--- In Emco_cnc_users@..., Marty Escarcega wrote:

> Its a 90vdc .5hp motor. Why do you want to change it? Its a good motor. DC
> controllers are readily available and would give you variable speed.
> Marty

Brian Smith <shopdweller1@...>

Yes but don't have the RPM's of the original 4000 + & may need to make a flange to mount it. . I put new bearings in mine and it is very smooth & consistant RPM's.

Brian

Both 90VDC and 180VDC motors are fairly common in the US from companies such as WW Grainger.

gary

In Europe the motor voltage will be 180vDC when using a 230v AC supply,
Marty refers to 110/120v supply as in USA where the 90vDC motor is used.

--- In Emco_cnc_users@..., Marty Escarcega wrote:

> Its a 90vdc .5hp motor. Why do you want to change it? Its a good motor. DC
> controllers are readily available and would give you variable speed.
> Marty

wild_kow

It can only be the brushes which are worn or one of the windings has gone 'open'. Brushes can be modified to fit if originals are not available and the motor can be rewound - although this may be expensive - and the commutator re-machined. Brushes may be available from the motor manufacturer or at least the specifications. There are small motor rewinding companies, at least in the UK. If the brushes have been allowed to wear below the Emco stated minimum, this may welll be the problem.

Having the motor rebuilt would get over the problem of not being able to use a secondhand one.

How do you know it is the motor and not the powersupply / controller board?