Re: Windows 98 hard drive help

Baschwar@

No usb on this machine.

I have the CF Card Adapter, but imaging the iso didn’t work.

May have to try the partitioning. I don’t have a boot disk (yet)

Thanks for the input

Brad

On Aug 5, 2020, at 2:14 PM, arjan.dijk <arjan.dijk@...> wrote:

Several options

1. USB could work if available. Maybe need to boot from floppy.
2. Try a CompactFlash card (has the same pinout as ide, only smaller, adapters are cheap) as a harddrive and fill it with the windows setup
3. Try a SD IDE adapter
4, Connect the harddisk to a modern pc with a USB ide adapter, partition the drive and copy the windows setup to a second partition. Still have to boot from a floppy I think

Op wo 5 aug. 2020 om 21:43 schreef Baschwar@ <baschwar@...>:
Can anyone help me get a working Windows98 hard drive set up?
I have the machine and a drive, but no way to get Windows 98 installed since the computer doesn't have a CDROM -- only floppy.
Suggestions?