VMC-100 central lubrication intervals

atlantis@...

Hi

I am currently retrofitting my VMC-100, it is a slow process but I think I'm getting there.

For the Willy Vogel central lubrication my plan is to turn it into a time-interval lubrication. I'm sure that LinuxCNC can do the same travel-based lubrication that the M2 control does (add up the travel on the guides and turn the pump on for 8 s after every 20 m) but I can still dive into that later if necessary, for the moment I try to keep the fancy programming to a minimum. I have also added a level control that starts beeping if the oil level in the reservoir goes too low, basically every other machine I know does that anyway.

The only thing I wonder is what interval might be appropriate. Has anyone else done it this way and what intervals are you using?

Regards
Martin