Re: 3.5 inch floppy drive controller

Keith

Hi JG,
I have uploaded some photos of the Floppy drive and interface card as an album.
The Interface board is marked DE115/2
The Eprom has the following numbers and letters EMCO EXDI or 1 P28311155 /2.32
The board has a label with (3)? 2665 V2.0 WA85094.
The Disc ( disk) drive is a TEAC FD235HF.
The disk drive looks standard but there is a fine wire added which can be seen in the photos.

As you say this interface is probably manufactured by someone other than Emco and then fitted with an Emco EPROM.
I am still looking round the internet to see if I can find anything.
The black electrolytic capacitor is the 16 Volt rail.
There is a small black block marked PJ220 next to this cap and a 4.7 volt Zener diode just in front of the power transistor.
The large blue electrolytic is the 5Volt rail which does not appear.
I will keep on investigating.

Keith