Re: 3.5 inch floppy drive controller

Keith

Hi Dieter,
Thanks for your reply.
The interface board is both complex and has mainly Surface Mounted Devices (SMD) so they are small.
The floppy seems to be OK when connected to a normal PC.
There is no 5V supply on the interface but neither is there a connection to the 5v rail as there is in the drawings for the tape.
All the other wires are exactly the same as the tape drive.
Pins 9 and 12 are not connected to anything on the interface board.
I have not worked out how the 5V supply is derived but it must be on the interface from the 16 volt rail.
Later today I will have another look and see if I can do some measurements.

Keith