Re: Nema 23 motor source

markotime

I have 2 originals.   swap pulley end for end and do drill a hole. if u need belts 48mxl050 . 050 is half inch wide or 2x 1/8.  originals are NOT standard 200 steps  per rotation so original electronics won't work.  I used gecko or other drivers with Mach3   could do a deal on my old original motors for us50 plus ship from Canada.

On Jun 9, 2020 10:11, John <john@...> wrote:
Hi

I want to convert my old Compact 5 CNC to use Nema 23 motors.  I have most of the bits already, but I am having trouble sourcing the stepper motors.

Measuring the original motors, it looks like I need Nema 23s with a 24mm long, 1/4" diameter shaft.  There are loads around at 20.6 or 21mm, but 24mm or longer seems to be a rare thing.

I am in the UK, and tried to order some from China (after finding none in the UK), but after a lot of faffing about, they still haven't shipped and I am giving up on them.

Where are people finding their Nema 23 motors?  Is there a trick to fitting the original pulley to a 21mm shaft?  I thought about turning the pulley over, but the hole for the roll pin would be near impossible to drill, and I don't like the idea of a hole at the base of the shaft.

Cheers