PC Turn 50 Headstock Alignment

mmcdade@...

Hi All,

I use a PC 50 lathe which turns a slight taper (wider by 0.0018" at 2" out from the headstock).  Is there a way to adjust the headstock?  I took the cover off and the prismatic shape of the front way is built into the headstock so that's not obviously adjustable short of scraping.  I tried shimming the far end of the bed like you would level to adjust twist in the bed of a conventional floor mounted horizontal engine lathe.  That didn't change anything and I suspect it just slightly deformed the sheet metal holding the bed.  Any ideas on this?  I admit that the error is pretty small but I sometimes make little optical mounts that slide together and they and I are happier when things are cylindrical.

Thanks,

Mark