Re: Why I will not use Acorn to upgrade my Compact 5

marty_in_mesa

Art you did a remarkably outstanding job with Mach3. You are primarily the reason why DIY CNC is where it is today. Thank you for that.

Regards,
Marty

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 6:55 PM Art Fenerty <fenerty@...> wrote:
  Depends on the definition of real-time. Mach3 did do up to 100,000 pulses per second while running windows xp and Win7 when they were 32 bit. It would still run
today in Win10 if microsoft hadnt encrypted the memory locations I used to facilatate it. I used to reliably get 10us call backs even while running many threads and programs.
 Its as close as Ive seen to realtime from Windows.

Art