Re: Why I will not use Acorn to upgrade my Compact 5

cjlear

On 19/11/2019 1:15 am, gsnalven@... wrote:
My experience is as an embedded hardware control engineer. Microsoft Windows is an incredible piece of software that runs on a PC and does a great job running spreadsheets, word processors and certainly number crunching and graphic displays. It has no inherent real time control capabilities...
My experience is as a computer engineer, the last Windows to have any real-time capability was Windows NT 3xx, and that was essentially OS/2 with a Microsoft front end. Windows is a massive POS bloatware that expands to fill any hardware resources you throw at it :)

Cheers

 Charlie