Re: Trying again to run Emco PC Turn 55 having issues

rcflyer

If you think the PC are mixed up between machines, in  C:\Winnc32 there is a folder with the machine name, ie.,  \Turn55. In that directory you'll see the MSD files. The PRG directory will contain programs, sub programs for canned cycles, and several other files. There is a WNCFG or similar directory, I think those are data for the winconfig program for options and settings. But basically, there is nothing to be done in any of these folders unless you're copying programs in explorer vs. the control.

By "if something has changed" I mean that unless you changed or deleted the MSD, it will still be configured for the machine. These settings don't go away by themselves. I don't think I've ever dealt with the CMOS IRQ assignments, but it's possible if the CMOS battery has been dead, these need to be checked. This is about the only thing that could have changed "by itself".

I don't have install disks. Emco did send me the install files for the CM155 I'm working on, but I got the original PC running. I do however keep cloned HDD for my Emco machines. No install needed.

3.5" Floppy disks? I have a stack for transferring programs to the machines using a USB 3.5" drive on my main PC. I was worried installing USB drivers would conflict with IRQ assignments, so I never tried. Recently,  I've been told you can install USB drivers on the W95/98 AC95 machines and use a USB stick to move files using explorer.

Basically, if you moved an axis before, this means everything was working, even if you had no idea what you were doing. It should not take much to get going again assuming all components are working. Check fuses and measure the 24V output. Checking voltage at the power supply output connector is a good place to start.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:17 AM wild_kow <jwild@...> wrote:
One question which is probably stupid but if each machine has its own PC, is the correct PC connected to the correct machine because both machines show the same symptoms? The WinNC installations are different.

When you install WinNC you need the 3.5 inch floppies (you can still buy blank ones). Early on, the computer asks for the MSD so it knows what files to install, then you continue using the specifically requested disks from the set as necessary. You must make  at least two backups of the Emco disks because they can easily get corrupted.

It sounds as if there is a PC installation issue and a new installation may well be a sensible route but you do need the proper disks.

John W