Re: 209 Line Limit?

HaMm3r

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I've been doing a bit of testing, generating gcode for some of the parts I want this machine to make. I use Fusion 360 to do most of my design work, which will output gcode for the operation and machine I'm running. The gcode is never perfect though, so I always end up editing it some manually.

In the case of the Emco, there's no post processor for this machine, probably because of it's age. So, using some of the generic post processors, the smallest program I've been able to generate is about 498 lines. I do see what you're saying about the cyclic commands allowing me to repeat a segment of code, thereby reducing the overall length of the program. That might allow me to get below the 209 line limit, but it's going to take a lot of manual editing which I'd rather avoid. My day job requires me to do a lot of computer software programming, so writing gcode is not beyond me, it's not something I want to do every time I make a part.

Jeff