Re: tools for turret

wild_kow

The original Emco tooling was sourced from Ceratizit (Plansee). I do not have any tools to hand to check the codes but I think they are from this section below. The 12x12mm tool holders were cut/ground off – probably by Emco - to approximately 75mm long so as to leave just the tool head protruding from the turret; the grind marks are clearly visible on the end. This length also fits the quick change holders.

Note letter at end of code R L or N; right, left or neutral handed.

https://e-techstore.com/EN/category/Cutting%20tools%20-%20inserts%20(mm)/Turning/External%20tools/Shank%20square/MaxiLock%20S/Form%20D

Click on which ever tool shape you require and you are taken to the tool holder pages.

I have uploaded a page capture to my photos folder, which gives the phone number for US service.

For those interested, the spanners supplied by Emco were from

http://www.stubai.com/

http://www.stubai.com/index.php/en/sockets-spanners?start=60

I find that the single ended spanners are comfortable to use and hang well from a magnetic rack.

Page capture uploaded to my photos also.

John

On 18/05/2015 11:45, "m.wg@... [Emco_cnc_users]" <Emco_cnc_users@...> wrote:

searching for Sandvik and Glanze on ebay or just Lathe cutting tools should bring up some choices of suppliers.
You could use 3/8" but best to go for 12mm or 1/2" square shanks, I use mainly DCMT 07 type insert tools.
If tool shanks are too long and foul the saddle when rotating you can cut them down to suit the turret.
Marcus