Re: Help with code for compact 5 cnc

m.wg@...

Hi Mark

Just uploaded an MFI program to the Files section called Cylinder turn thread, ran OK on my machine but enter your tool offsets and number of tool jumps for the change.

Like you I had Alarm 02 with the X 1625 entered, just changed to 1624 throughout program and all was OK.

Max speed I found for the thread is about 480rpm.

Not sure what depth you need for the 24TPI thread but adjust as required.

If you go more than .030" you need to adjust the chamfer cut depth.

Working in mm units gives you better resolution and greater accuracy on size, MFI will convert program from inch to metric, or back if you want.

Hope this helps, Rgds, Marcus