Re: Rotary encoder on Unimat PC CNC

alpinasjofallet

Thanks for a great tip. The iPhone 4 cam, was able to see a IR on a remote, but was unable to detect the Emco Sensor. However, using a D-link webcam, I was able to verify that at least the light source is function able on the sensor.

I will try to measure the sensor next.

/B

--- In Emco_cnc_users@..., "the" <jdowlen@...> wrote:

The light from the sensor is in the near InfraRed range (IR) and is not visable by the naked eye. You may be able to "see" it using a digital video camera. That is how I check IR remotes to see if they are functioning.

--- In Emco_cnc_users@..., Björn <alpinasjofallet@> wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to get a Emco Unimat CNC working. However, the rotary encoder does not seem to work. As I understand it is an optical sensor, and I measured it and it gets 5 volt from the controller card. However there is no visible light from the unit/sensor when connected and powered.

Maybe a dumb question but should the light be clearly visible?

The sensor seems to be roughly the same as on the 5CNC, photos of the sensor is available here: