ElverBuilders@groups.ioAn unofficial Elver boat builders group.
Elver is a Steve Redmond design for a simple, inshore cruising sailboat with shallow draft. Elver plans are complete and geared toward amateur construction using commonly available, inexpensive materials.
This group was put together by one who built an Elver and has experience to share with other prospective builders.
The group philosophy should be a discussion about standard practices in boat construction, answers to questions about the plans, and how to solve problems. In order to assure performance and satisfaction it should be pointed out though, that builder modifications to the design are to be avoided as the designer strictly opposes them. Redesign, re-rigging, adding excessive weight, ballast, or proposed uses beyond the intention of an simple inshore, unballasted boat are to be avoided.
- 147 Members
- 283 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- Only moderators can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.