What’s my K3 worth

Richard Lawn

I have an early production (#6xx) that has be upgraded with many S features except the new synthesizer. It is the 100 watt model with ATU, USB upgrade etc.

I also have a P3 with the external VGA card.

im thinking of selling them and have no idea what is a fair price.

73
Rick, W2JAZ

Greg Mitchell

I bought my used k3 last fall. It has the synth and USB from the k3s. It also has an atu, transverter outputs and all 5 filters populated. I paid 1500.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021, 21:00 Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:
I have an early production (#6xx) that has be upgraded with many S features except the new synthesizer. It is the 100 watt model with ATU, USB upgrade etc.

I also have a P3 with the external VGA card.

im thinking of selling them and have no idea what is a fair price.

73
Rick, W2JAZ

Bill K9YEQ

Prices have risen since then.  Parts,availability are all the new norm….  Not to mention…

Bill

K9YEQ

I bought my used k3 last fall. It has the synth and USB from the k3s. It also has an atu, transverter outputs and all 5 filters populated. I paid 1500.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021, 21:00 Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:

I have an early production (#6xx) that has be upgraded with many S features except the new synthesizer. It is the 100 watt model with ATU, USB upgrade etc.

I also have a P3 with the external VGA card.

im thinking of selling them and have no idea what is a fair price.

73
Rick, W2JAZ

Paul G4KZY

Just a data point.  I bought my older K3 serial no. 12xx for $1850 earlier this year.  That price excludes shipping costs, which were quite high from the USA to the UK.

It does not have any K3s upgrade parts but is almost fully loaded with 2 receivers, 5 crystal filters in each receiver, 100W PA, KAT3, KBPF3, KIO3, KXV3, KDVR3 and KTCX02.

Before I decided to buy, it was on sale for a week or two for $1995 including shipping to CONUS without any takers.

I am delighted with it.

Good luck with your sale,

Paul G4KZY

Dean LaClair

Hey Bill I have another question for you,
Do you have the second receiver in your K3?
I bought a k3 gently used with the new syn boards and 2nd RX...
I can't seem to get the 2nd RX to work properly.
I've got something messed up in the settings, when I tap the sub button only one of the receivers works.
I've read the manual over and over and I still don't see what the issue is.
It was working fine when I bought the radio but I goofed something up.

73
Dean

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021, 21:31 Bill K9YEQ <k9yeq@...> wrote:

Prices have risen since then.  Parts,availability are all the new norm….  Not to mention…

Bill

K9YEQ

I bought my used k3 last fall. It has the synth and USB from the k3s. It also has an atu, transverter outputs and all 5 filters populated. I paid 1500.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021, 21:00 Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:

I have an early production (#6xx) that has be upgraded with many S features except the new synthesizer. It is the 100 watt model with ATU, USB upgrade etc.

I also have a P3 with the external VGA card.

im thinking of selling them and have no idea what is a fair price.

73
Rick, W2JAZ

Mel Marcus

Dean

I hope i am not repeating what you already know, but if you want to use the second receiver you have to have a second k3s style synch board.

Mel
NE9A

I bought my used k3 last fall. It has the synth and USB from the k3s. It also has an atu, transverter outputs and all 5 filters populated. I paid 1500.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021, 21:00 Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:

I have an early production (#6xx) that has be upgraded with many S features except the new synthesizer. It is the 100 watt model with ATU, USB upgrade etc.

I also have a P3 with the external VGA card.

im thinking of selling them and have no idea what is a fair price.

73
Rick, W2JAZ

Bob Evans

Dean,

If you did a back up of the K3's configuration file when you first bought the K3, load that firmware again.  You say the 2nd RX was working when you bought it so that will restore the firmware to that time.  The previous owner may still have a copy if you didn't make one.

Hindsight Questions:

1. Did you accidentally unseat any cables around the 2nd RX when you opened the lid?
2. Did you accidentally turn off the 2nd RX in the MENU?
3.  Did you zero out any of the filter settings for the 2nd RX?
4.  If you pulled out the 2nd RX for inspection of any kind, make sure you re-seated all the pins under the 2nd RX properly.  I missaligned mine a couple of times before I got it right.  It is easy to miss.

GL,

Bob K5WA

Dean LaClair

The receiver was working great, and then all of a sudden it stopped I must a monkied something up. Guess I'll have to load up an older backup that I have, unfortunately I've made a lot of changes since then that I'll lose oh well

I thought I was responding to Bill privately didn't mean to bother everybody on the reflector 73

Dean K2WW

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021, 17:53 Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
Dean

I hope i am not repeating what you already know, but if you want to use the second receiver you have to have a second k3s style synch board.

Mel
NE9A

I bought my used k3 last fall. It has the synth and USB from the k3s. It also has an atu, transverter outputs and all 5 filters populated. I paid 1500.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021, 21:00 Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:

I have an early production (#6xx) that has be upgraded with many S features except the new synthesizer. It is the 100 watt model with ATU, USB upgrade etc.

I also have a P3 with the external VGA card.

im thinking of selling them and have no idea what is a fair price.

73
Rick, W2JAZ

Bob Benedict, KD8CGH

We all learn from questions and constructive responses.

  73
   Bob   KD8CGH

ke9uw

Filter assignments?

Jim Brown

On 6/10/2021 4:30 PM, ke9uw wrote:
Filter assignments?
They're plug-ins, so if you buy it, you can move them!

73, Jim K9YC