Utility to Automatically Set FTDI USB to Serial Driver Options (testers wanted)

Max NG7M

I wrote a utility that will enumerate through all your connected FTDI USB to Serial adapters and update the settings which can cause your transceiver to be keyed when you boot up or restart windows (RTS/DTR lines getting energized at bootup).  This utility is written in .NET and is a console application AND will required elevated privileges to execute.  I wrote this for personal use because I'm tired of manually going through all my FTDI serial ports in the windows device manager to disable the settings in question after a FTDI driver update, i.e. serial enumerator and enabling disable modem control at start up for each port.  The utility has been tested on Windows 10 and Windows 11.  Since this utility updates the registry and I'm not digitally signing the exe, so you may need to bypass any virus scanning when you download the utility file.

If you are interested in testing out this utility (and providing some feedback AND understand the risk of running code that will potentially update your registry settings), send me an email and I'll send you a link to download it and try it out.  Max NG7M, ng7m@...

Max NG7M

I have had a few folks ask to test my FTDI Settings Update utility.  I see Groups.io masked my email.  It's the usual ARRL dot net email address as you would expect.  Send me a note and I'll send you the link to try it out.  Max, ng7m @ arrl dot net.  Max