From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Lawn
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:00 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] TX suddenly stopped working using WSJT-X

I apologize as I know this has been covered before. The frustration here is that it was working fine the other day, and suddenly last night WSJT-X would no longer transmit. There seems to be no audio getting into the K3. I see and hear nothing from the K3 other than the red TX light. I've gone through the settings countless times and cannot find my error. I am confused by the fact that when I try to adjust the mic gain I end up selecting Line 0-60 which I don't think should be the case. By the way I am using the USB interface on the K3 for moving audio to and from the computer rather than an external soundcard. I'd appreciate it if someone showed me the error of my ways as I don't recall ever seeing this problem before.

73
Rick, W2JAZ

Mike Flowers

This is often a result of a Windows update or other event that disturbs the configuration of your audio devices.

Check the properties of the soundcard you’re using for WSJT-X.

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On May 5, 2021, at 11:03 AM, Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:

I apologize as I know this has been covered before. The frustration here is that it was working fine the other day, and suddenly last night WSJT-X would no longer transmit. There seems to be no audio getting into the K3. I see and hear nothing from the K3 other than the red TX light. I've gone through the settings countless times and cannot find my error. I am confused by the fact that when I try to adjust the mic gain I end up selecting Line 0-60 which I don't think should be the case. By the way I am using the USB interface on the K3 for moving audio to and from the computer rather than an external soundcard. I'd appreciate it if someone showed me the error of my ways as I don't recall ever seeing this problem before.

73
Rick, W2JAZ

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

Make sure the radio is in Data A mode.  Line Gain should be about 30 or so.  In F2 WSJT Setup menu, Audio tab, you should have the CODEX sound card selected.    The WSJT PWR slide should be near the top and the Windows SPKR lever about 30 to 50.
You will need to adjust the levels so there is 4 bars illuminated on the ALC scale with the 5th bar flickering.
Set the PWR control on the radio for the operating power you choose.

Bob, K4TAX

On May 5, 2021, at 1:07 PM, Jeffrey griffin <kb2mjeff@...> wrote:

My audio drops out on occasion also. I find a WSJT s/w reboot fixes it every time….

73 Jeff kb2m