Topics

Sub Rx Filter Selection

Bob Chortek

i can’t remember, or figure out, how to change the filter settings on the sub receiver.

I’ve looked through the manual but can’t seem to find anything that tells me what buttons to press or in what sequence depressant. I have no problem changing the filter settings for the main receiver, but I can’t figure out how to change the filter settings in the sub receiver.

Any help would be appreciated.

73

Bob AA6VB

Mike Flowers

First, BSET - it’s a HOLD I think, then set the filters- then BSET HOLD again.

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Aug 8, 2019, at 2:31 PM, Bob Chortek <RLC@...> wrote:

i can’t remember, or figure out, how to change the filter settings on the sub receiver.

I’ve looked through the manual but can’t seem to find anything that tells me what buttons to press or in what sequence depressant. I have no problem changing the filter settings for the main receiver, but I can’t figure out how to change the filter settings in the sub receiver.

Any help would be appreciated.

73

Bob AA6VB

Peter Hardy <peter@...>

I set mine by using the Elecraft K3 Utility program.  Select Configuration drop down menu then open Configure Crystal Filters and select Sub Receiver.

73, Peter G3VNH

Bob Chortek

Thanks for the replies.  Very helpful,

73,

Bob AA6VB

Peter Hardy <peter@...>

Bob,

On reading this again I am not certain if you mean 'changing' the filter width during operation or initially setting the filter bandwidths on installation of new filters.

The procedure I outlined was for initially setting them up.

73,

Peter G3VNH