Sound card for use with LP Pan and K3

Nathan H. Wood

I am using an LP Pan / Win4K3Suite (Win10) as a panadapter for my K3.  I have been using a ASUS Xonar U7 for a number of years.  It's served me well but is now showing signs of critical failures and needs to be retired.  I'm looking for a replacement 128kHz sound card that's reliable and provides a good noise floor.  The recommendations on the telepostinc.com/site haven't been updated since 2018.  Are there any sound cards that stand out as current top runners for this setup?  Personal experience preferred.  Thanks!

In a brief search, I found the following.
Xonar U5
ASUS XONAR SE 5.1
Xonar U7 MKII
BEHRINGER U-Phoria UMC202HD
StarTech.com 7.1 USB
Steinberg UR22

Are there any of these that stand out or any others that I missed?

Nathan, K4NHW

Jim Brown

On 5/18/2021 5:39 PM, Nathan H. Wood wrote:
Are there any of these that stand out or any others that I missed?
If it was me, I'd ask Larry. The Xonars are nice units, although, years ago, I'd heard about reliability issues, I think with the 7.

73, Jim K9YC

wb6bee

I am using the U5.  I have the U7 and the Beringer on the shelf as back ups.  I tried the beringer and it had harmonic issues, so went back to the U5.

So far, happy with the U5

Don
WB6BEE

Bob Benedict, KD8CGH

I recently bought a Behringer UMC202HC for use with my original LP-PAN and it works well with my K3. It's a great combo with WIN43K software.

I hadn't used the LP-PAN in some years and the  old Creative EMU 0202 whose most recent driver was released in 2011 under Windows VISTA  was just not working with  WIN 10.

   Bob   KD8CGH