Sick K3- Replacement parts

richlim11

Good Day all! Through the great help from Keith and all the support team at Elecraft, I've narrowed down my problem of the "High Sig" error and oddly behaving S -Meter to failing Q8 and Q9 transistors. The Q8 is an easy to find PN2222A, but the Q9 is an MPS5179 which has been discontinued. Does anyone have one they can spare or can point me to a RELIABLE source for the part? I love my K3 and hope I can keep her going for many more years!

Rich

KQ9L

Wes Stewart

https://www.jameco.com/z/2N5179-Major-Brands-Transistor-2N5179-General-Purpose-NPN-12-Volt-0-05-Amp-TO-72_140373.html

richlim11

Thanks Wes, components are surface mount, prob should have mentioned that.
Rich

Carter, Michael

Try this option instead, Rich - same device in SMD
package:

73,
Mike, K8CN