Relay K11

@SM6CGI

Hi all out there,

I suspect the relay K11, switches between "Main" and "Aux", does not work as it should. 
Can anyone out there tell me where relay K11 is on the KRX3 board.

73 / SM6CGI / Lars 

Ray Maxfield

https://i2.wp.com/www.k5nd.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Two-more-boards-installed-on-the-subreceiver.jpg

Look at the Very Top of the Pix, it looks like it is White in color and marked on the PC Board.

Ray WA6VAB 

Chet, N8RA

Hello Lars,

Please let us know what you find out about this.

My KRX3 can only hear signals from the Aux input.

If I do a long press on the RX button to toggle the sub antenna, the sub display shows “Main” but I get no signal to the sub from it.

73 and GL.

Chet, N8RA

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of sm6cgi via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, October 9, 2021 10:59 AM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] Relay K11

Hi all out there,

I suspect the relay K11, switches between "Main" and "Aux", does not work as it should. 
Can anyone out there tell me where relay K11 is on the KRX3 board.

73 / SM6CGI / Lars 

@SM6CGI

Hi Chet,

"If I do a long press on the RX button to toggle the sub antenna, the sub display shows “Main” but I get no signal to the sub from it."

As you describe, this is how my KRX3 on my K3 works. On my K3, there is no AUX RF (BNC), only ANT1 and ANT2.

73 / SM6CGI / Lars

ve3ki

IIRC, to change between the two input choices (ANT = ATU or ANT = BNC), you also need to move a TMP cable inside the rig. If the choice you make in the K3's CONFIG does not match where the cable has been connected, the subRX won't hear anything.

Rich VE3KI

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 06:11 PM, @SM6CGI wrote:
Hi Chet,

"If I do a long press on the RX button to toggle the sub antenna, the sub display shows “Main” but I get no signal to the sub from it."

As you describe, this is how my KRX3 on my K3 works. On my K3, there is no AUX RF (BNC), only ANT1 and ANT2.

73 / SM6CGI / Lars