From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mel Marcus
Sent: 09 April 2020 19:50
To: ElecraftGoups
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] Out Band

All

I have operated the k3 band limits program and haves tested  it.

I have a legal need to operate in the 7600 to 7700 Mhz range. When I dial or insert the frequency , and then hit xmit or tune, it tell me out of band.  Is there a way that I can operate the k3 in the above freq range.

Mel

NE9A

Charlie T, k3ICH

I think you’ll need an outboard microwave transverter to operate on 7.6  to 7.7 GHz.

73, Charlie k3ICH

On 2020-04-09 4:12 PM, Charlie T, k3ICH wrote:

I think you’ll need an outboard microwave transverter to operate on 7.6  to 7.7 GHz.

73, Charlie k3ICH

I have operated the k3 band limits program and haves tested  it.

I have a legal need to operate in the 7600 to 7700 Mhz range. When I dial or insert the frequency , and then hit xmit or tune, it tell me out of band.  Is there a way that I can operate the k3 in the above freq range.

Mel

NE9A

Charlie T, k3ICH

OR simply stated 7600 to 7700 kHz.

On 2020-04-09 4:12 PM, Charlie T, k3ICH wrote:

I think you’ll need an outboard microwave transverter to operate on 7.6  to 7.7 GHz.

73, Charlie k3ICH

I have operated the k3 band limits program and haves tested  it.

I have a legal need to operate in the 7600 to 7700 Mhz range. When I dial or insert the frequency , and then hit xmit or tune, it tell me out of band.  Is there a way that I can operate the k3 in the above freq range.

Mel

NE9A

Brian K0DTJ

Elecraft will supply a firmware change that allows out-of-ham-band operation to Mars members. Suggest you contact Elecraft support for details.

73,
Brian, K0DTJ

On Apr 9, 2020, at 12:49, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

All

I have operated the k3 band limits program and haves tested  it.

I have a legal need to operate in the 7600 to 7700 Mhz range. When I dial or insert the frequency , and then hit xmit or tune, it tell me out of band.  Is there a way that I can operate the k3 in the above freq range.

Mel
NE9A

Mel Marcus

Milt

Thanks for you reply. Are you sure there is a MARS mod for the K3. At one time when I asked about it, they said that the is a program to run that opens the unit up. I have that program and executed and ran the test enclose in that program suscessful. but please update me to if there is really a MARS mod.

Mel
NE9A

Milt

On 2020-04-09 4:12 PM, Charlie T, k3ICH wrote:
I think you’ll need an outboard microwave transverter to operate on 7.6  to 7.7 GHz.

73, Charlie k3ICH

I have operated the k3 band limits program and haves tested  it.

I have a legal need to operate in the 7600 to 7700 Mhz range. When I dial or insert the frequency , and then hit xmit or tune, it tell me out of band.  Is there a way that I can operate the k3 in the above freq range.

Mel
NE9A

Jim N7US

I have the program and used it successfully when I had a K3 (I have a K3S now) when I was in Army MARS.

The one I have might not be the latest, so request it from Elecraft (and they’ll ask for a copy of your MARS license, I think).

Jim N7US

On 2020-04-09 4:12 PM, Charlie T, k3ICH wrote:

I think you’ll need an outboard microwave transverter to operate on 7.6  to 7.7 GHz.

73, Charlie k3ICH

I have operated the k3 band limits program and haves tested  it.

I have a legal need to operate in the 7600 to 7700 Mhz range. When I dial or insert the frequency , and then hit xmit or tune, it tell me out of band.  Is there a way that I can operate the k3 in the above freq range.

Mel

NE9A

_._,_._,_

Christopher Scibelli

General coverage RX is a separate option that costs $, and it definitely doesn't let you Xmit out of band.

73,

Chris  NU1O

Milt