Topics

Macro for Line In Level control

David Perry

I am trying to create a macro to adjust the Line In level, but I do see how to do it.  I consulted the Programmer's Guide and all that I see is a macro for Mic Gain.  I tried MG003, but that doesn't seem to work.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thank you. 73,  Dave, N4QS

Bill Mader <billamader@...>

GM Dave,

I reviewed the Programmer's Guide like you and found no command to change the mic gain.  I wonder why you need that capability.  If switching from voice to digital, the K3 levels are set by mode.
--
73, Bill Mader, K8TE
K-Line, KX3, KX1, K2

David Perry

Hi Bill,

I am using a K3 with the new built in sound card.  I find that I have to adjust the Line In level control depending on whether I am using MMTTY or WSJT-X.  For MMTTY, the level needs to be 9 to keep my ALC at 4-5 bars.  For WSJT-X, I need to adjust the line in setting down to 3.  This can be problematic when operating remote.  But your post just gave me the solution!

I just now adjusted the Pwr setting in WSJT-X so that I get 4 to 5 bars of ALC when the Line In is set at 9.  Now both apps will use the same setting for Line In.  Simple.  I have been in ham radio for over 50 years, but I keep learning something new!!

73,

Dave, N4QS

David Box

Dave, Bill

Take a look at the MGxxx command on pg 16 of the Rogrammer's Reference Rev F8.

The reason I use it is because I have a headset with electret mike on the rear panel and a dynamic desk mike on the front panel and needed a macro to switch between as bias and mike gain need to be set for each.

de Dave K5MWR

On 12/15/2019 07:04, Bill Mader wrote:
GM Dave,

I reviewed the Programmer's Guide like you and found no command to change the mic gain.  I wonder why you need that capability.  If switching from voice to digital, the K3 levels are set by mode.
--
73, Bill Mader, K8TE
K-Line, KX3, KX1, K2
W6H NM Coordinator, Route 66 On-the-Air 4-13 Sep 2020
ARRL New Mexico Section Manager
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
Duke City Hamfest BoD Vice-Chairman www.dukecityhamfest.org 18-20 Sep 2020
Secretary and Past President, Albuquerque DX Association

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

Both of those software applications have individual level adjustments.

For WSJT-X it is the PWR slider on the right side.

For MMTTY look under the OPTIONS tab and then down to Setup and then the TX tab and adjust the  Digital Output slider.

If at any time you change the SPKR level on the computer this will affect the audio level to the radio.