Topics

KPA500 with LDG600 Tuner

Michael Foerster

I have a K3s, KPA500 and LDG ATx600 Pro Tuner that I would to connect up so that I could use this tuner remotely (RemoteHams.com).

Is there a way to set up the K3s so that when you press the TUNE button, that it will not key up the amplifier?  I do not want the full amplifier output to go through the tuner, but rather 10 or 15 W for the tuneup.

Mike, W0IH

Rick Bates, NK7I

1)  No, only if you put the amp in standby.

2)  Yes, set the tune wattage to a low enough value that it supplies the tuner with enough, but doesn't cause the amp to blow out the tuner (set the TUN PWR to a very LOW value so the amp doesn't make a lot from it either).

Rick NK7I

On 2/16/2020 9:54 AM, Michael Foerster wrote:
I have a K3s, KPA500 and LDG ATx600 Pro Tuner that I would to connect up so that I could use this tuner remotely (RemoteHams.com).

Is there a way to set up the K3s so that when you press the TUNE button, that it will not key up the amplifier?  I do not want the full amplifier output to go through the tuner, but rather 10 or 15 W for the tuneup.

Mike, W0IH

Michael Foerster

Looks like the only option would be to put the amp in bypass mode.
   I don’t think the amp in tune mode will put out less than 25 watts.

My fear is that if the SWR changes (while on Remote) it will try to tune at high power.

not a good solution.

Mike, W0IH