From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Spigel
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:26 AM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] KIO3 Main Board Board Wanted

My K3 took a nearby lightning hit resulting in loss of communications and an intermittent TX via RTS. I narrowed this down to the main KIO3 RevC board and probable faulty U1. Anybody have an uneeded board from their upgrade for me to try before I ship the radio?

Thanks!

John W1AN

Ed Pflueger

Mine says it's a REV A but in 2016 had the Output Buffer Gain Mod R8 13K done at the factory.

Ed.. AB4IQ

My K3 took a nearby lightning hit resulting in loss of communications and an intermittent TX via RTS. I narrowed this down to the main KIO3 RevC board and probable faulty U1. Anybody have an uneeded board from their upgrade for me to try before I ship the radio?

Thanks!

John W1AN

John Spigel

Ed, would you contact me direct: w1an (at) dxusa.net. Perhaps beg, borrow or buy from you. Do you know if that is the only change to get to rev C?

John W1AN

From: "Chuck Miller" <cwmiller20@...>
Date: Tue, August 20, 2019 2:02 pm
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

Did it work John? I've the same problem with a k3 I acquired from a SK's estate, going to try and change U1, but may be looking for KIO3 boards.

73, Chuck
N0NC

Ed Pflueger

I gave mine away to a guy that needed them.

I factory upgraded to KIO3B so I do have the boards that were removed and replaced. What is a reasonable price for them.

Mel

NE9A

Did it work John? I've the same problem with a k3 I acquired from a SK's estate, going to try and change U1, but may be looking for KIO3 boards.

73, Chuck
N0NC

GRANT YOUNGMAN <ghyoungman@...>

The only rational thing to do if your KIO3 dies is to upgrade to the “B” boards. It isn’t exactly rocket science to put them in. And they make life better …

Grant NQ5T
KX3 (8342)/KXPA100