Topics

KAT 500 memory loss.

KE1F Lou

Looks like my KAT 500 s/n 0140, purchased November 28, 2012 lost it's memory.

How does the memory works in this unit?

Before I disconnect all the cables to look inside, does the unit have an internal battery. If it does what type.

Your help is appreciated.

73, Lou KE1F

David Robinson

It doesnt have an internal battery, according to the manual "settings stored in memory" which I assume, not having seen the circuit means EEPROM

Dave
ww2r

KE1F Lou

Thanks Dave, I  guess I will have to wait until W6 reopen for business
73 Lou KE1F

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A