Topics

KAT 500 memory loss.

KE1F Lou

Looks like my KAT 500 s/n 0140, purchased November 28, 2012 lost it's memory.

How does the memory works in this unit?

Before I disconnect all the cables to look inside, does the unit have an internal battery. If it does what type.

Your help is appreciated.

73, Lou KE1F

David Robinson

It doesnt have an internal battery, according to the manual "settings stored in memory" which I assume, not having seen the circuit means EEPROM

Dave
ww2r

KE1F Lou

Thanks Dave, I  guess I will have to wait until W6 reopen for business 
73 Lou KE1F 

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/30/20 4:14 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] KAT 500 memory loss.

It doesnt have an internal battery, according to the manual "settings stored in memory" which I assume, not having seen the circuit means EEPROM

Dave
ww2r

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

I suggest using the KAT500 Utility and reload the last saved configuration.  That should restore it to some reasonable sense of operation.  From there you should be able to update the settings and then save a new configuration. 

Bob, K4TAX

KE1F Lou

Bob, I did that. I even reset it to "factory setting" and went through the recalibration.

73 Lou  KE1F

On 5/30/2020 9:34 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
I suggest using the KAT500 Utility and reload the last saved configuration.  That should restore it to some reasonable sense of operation.  >From there you should be able to update the settings and then save a new configuration. 

Bob, K4TAX

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

If that did not restore normal operation, otherwise it is not functional, then there is a component failure.    I would presume a trip to W6 land is in order.  

Bob, K4TAX

On May 30, 2020, at 9:31 AM, KE1F Lou <lmecseri@...> wrote:

Bob, I did that. I even reset it to "factory setting" and went through the recalibration.

73 Lou  KE1F

I suggest using the KAT500 Utility and reload the last saved configuration.  That should restore it to some reasonable sense of operation.  >From there you should be able to update the settings and then save a new configuration. 

Bob, K4TAX

KE1F Lou

I am afraid you are right.

73 Lou

On 5/30/2020 10:50 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
If that did not restore normal operation, otherwise it is not functional, then there is a component failure.    I would presume a trip to W6 land is in order.  

Bob, K4TAX

On May 30, 2020, at 9:31 AM, KE1F Lou <lmecseri@...> wrote:

73 Lou  KE1F

Bob, K4TAX