KAT500 not recognized

mike@...

Using the latest update from Elecraft and connected via the Elecraft USB/232 cable to my MacMini M1. i can get the unit recognized but when I try to see what software is on the tuner or try to upload the new file, I get a KAT500 failed to enter firmware load" error message.
Any ideas?
The tuner will not hold swr... it tunes my G5RV fine but then goes out of resonance with a lot of clacking noise... if I tune and turn it off, My K3S holds resonance fine...

Mike K8ZRH

Mike Rees, 2004 SYA 40' 71616

I had a similar problem with my macbook pro updating my PS.  I switched to a PC. No problems upgrading.   Hope this helps you get the latest firmware.

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 1:27 PM Mike Wendland <mike@...> wrote:
Using the latest update from Elecraft and connected via the Elecraft USB/232 cable to my MacMini M1. i can get the unit recognized but when I try to see what software is on the tuner or try to upload the new file, I get a KAT500 failed to enter firmware load" error message.
Any ideas?
The tuner will not hold swr... it tunes my G5RV fine but then goes out of resonance with a lot of clacking noise... if I tune and turn it off, My K3S holds resonance fine...

Mike K8ZRH

Mike
N6YSK

And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy."

Mike Wendland <mike@...>

Cant switch to a PC... need it to work on my Mac mini with the M1 chip

Mike, K8ZRH

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 8:45 AM Mike Rees, 2004 SYA 40' 71616 <n6yskmike@...> wrote:
[...]

Richard Smith <ku4nz01@...>

You can load VMWare on Mini and run Windows and a virtual machine.  RAS KU4NZ

On Oct 11, 2021, at 7:55 AM, Mike Wendland <mike@...> wrote:

[...]

David Fleming

There was a problem with the new firmware file not loading properly with the Mac Utility. Here is link to to a new version of the Utility that should correct the problem. This version is not yet published on the Elecraft web site.

David, W4SMT_._,_._,_

Mike Rees, 2004 SYA 40' 71616

Just use the PC to upgrade the firmware.  I use my mac to control the radio.