KAT500 not recognized

mike@...

Using the latest update from Elecraft and connected via the Elecraft USB/232 cable to my MacMini M1. i can get the unit recognized but when I try to see what software is on the tuner or try to upload the new file, I get a KAT500 failed to enter firmware load" error message.
Any ideas?
The tuner will not hold swr... it tunes my G5RV fine but then goes out of resonance with a lot of clacking noise... if I tune and turn it off, My K3S holds resonance fine...

Mike K8ZRH

Mike Rees, 2004 SYA 40' 71616

I had a similar problem with my macbook pro updating my PS.  I switched to a PC. No problems upgrading.   Hope this helps you get the latest firmware. 

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 1:27 PM Mike Wendland <mike@...> wrote:
Using the latest update from Elecraft and connected via the Elecraft USB/232 cable to my MacMini M1. i can get the unit recognized but when I try to see what software is on the tuner or try to upload the new file, I get a KAT500 failed to enter firmware load" error message.
Any ideas?
The tuner will not hold swr... it tunes my G5RV fine but then goes out of resonance with a lot of clacking noise... if I tune and turn it off, My K3S holds resonance fine...

Mike K8ZRH

--
Mike
N6YSK

And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy."

Mike Wendland <mike@...>

Cant switch to a PC... need it to work on my Mac mini with the M1 chip

Mike, K8ZRH

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 8:45 AM Mike Rees, 2004 SYA 40' 71616 <n6yskmike@...> wrote:
I had a similar problem with my macbook pro updating my PS.  I switched to a PC. No problems upgrading.   Hope this helps you get the latest firmware. 

Any ideas?

Mike K8ZRH

--
Mike
N6YSK

And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy."

Richard Smith <ku4nz01@...>

You can load VMWare on Mini and run Windows and a virtual machine.  RAS KU4NZ

On Oct 11, 2021, at 7:55 AM, Mike Wendland <mike@...> wrote:

Mike, K8ZRH

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 8:45 AM Mike Rees, 2004 SYA 40' 71616 <n6yskmike@...> wrote:

Any ideas?

Mike K8ZRH

-- 
Mike
N6YSK

And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy."

David Fleming

There was a problem with the new firmware file not loading properly with the Mac Utility. Here is link to to a new version of the Utility that should correct the problem. This version is not yet published on the Elecraft web site.

David, W4SMT_._,_._,_

Mike Rees, 2004 SYA 40' 71616

Just use the PC to upgrade the firmware.  I use my mac to control the radio.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 5:55 AM Mike Wendland <mike@...> wrote:

Mike, K8ZRH

Any ideas?

Mike K8ZRH

--
Mike
N6YSK

--
Mike
N6YSK