K3s FT8 Audio Level

Jim Denneny

K3S puts out high pitch squeal during FT8 transmissions.  I have turned down AF to zero but sound persists and is irritating.  How do I turn down this squeal?

73, Jim K7EG

Henk PA0C

try monitor.
73 Henk

Henk

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> on behalf of Jim Denneny <57JNDenneny@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2021 6:08:59 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] K3s FT8 Audio Level

K3S puts out high pitch squeal during FT8 transmissions.  I have turned down AF to zero but sound persists and is irritating.  How do I turn down this squeal?

73, Jim K7EG

Ed Pflueger

Push the XMTR control and the monitor functions comes up.  Set it to 1 or if you don’t like it turn to ZERO.

Ed.. AB4IQ

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Denneny
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2021 11:09 AM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

73, Jim K7EG

Ed Pflueger

That’s on the K4 but on the K3S look where it says MON and push the control in.

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ed Pflueger
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2021 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3s FT8 Audio Level

Push the XMTR control and the monitor functions comes up.  Set it to 1 or if you don’t like it turn to ZERO.

Ed.. AB4IQ

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Denneny

73, Jim K7EG

Jim Denneny

Thanks to all.

Jim K7EG

Chuck Hill K0MV

I had the issue as well.

Thanks for the tip.

Chuck K0MV

On 7/25/21 10:24 AM, Ed Pflueger wrote:

That’s on the K4 but on the K3S look where it says MON and push the control in.

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ed Pflueger
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2021 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3s FT8 Audio Level

Ed.. AB4IQ

73, Jim K7EG