From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> on behalf of Jim Denneny <57JNDenneny@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2021 6:08:59 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] K3s FT8 Audio Level

K3S puts out high pitch squeal during FT8 transmissions.  I have turned down AF to zero but sound persists and is irritating.  How do I turn down this squeal?

73, Jim K7EG

Ed Pflueger

Push the XMTR control and the monitor functions comes up.  Set it to 1 or if you don’t like it turn to ZERO.

Ed.. AB4IQ

K3S puts out high pitch squeal during FT8 transmissions.  I have turned down AF to zero but sound persists and is irritating.  How do I turn down this squeal?

73, Jim K7EG

Ed Pflueger

That’s on the K4 but on the K3S look where it says MON and push the control in.

Push the XMTR control and the monitor functions comes up.  Set it to 1 or if you don’t like it turn to ZERO.

Ed.. AB4IQ

K3S puts out high pitch squeal during FT8 transmissions.  I have turned down AF to zero but sound persists and is irritating.  How do I turn down this squeal?

73, Jim K7EG

Jim Denneny

Thanks to all.

Jim K7EG