K3s audio in speakers

Keith KV5J

Does anyone know of a easy way to turn the transmit sound off of the K3s from the speakers when transmitting FT8?

Keith, KV5J

Rick NK7I

1)  Turn the monitor off

2)  Plug in headphones then set them aside.

73,
Rick NK7I

On 5/3/2021 10:52 AM, Keith KV5J via groups.io wrote:
Does anyone know of a easy way to turn the transmit sound off of the K3s from the speakers when transmitting FT8?

Keith, KV5J

Lower the monitor volume?

Arie PA3A

Op 3-5-2021 om 19:52 schreef Keith KV5J via groups.io:

Does anyone know of a easy way to turn the transmit sound off of the K3s from the speakers when transmitting FT8?

Keith, KV5J

Jim Brown

On 5/3/2021 10:52 AM, Keith KV5J via groups.io wrote:
Does anyone know of a easy way to turn the transmit sound off of the K3s from the speakers when transmitting FT8?
RTFM!

73, Jim K9YC

mistuff

You are probably hearing the monitor.You can just turn it down so you don’t hear it.

HOLD DOWN the cmp/pwr button and see "Mon" appear on the display. Turn the knob to turn down the mon. Push the button again to leave the menu.

I hope this helps

73,

Tom w2mn

On 5/3/2021 10:52 AM, Keith KV5J via groups.io wrote:
Does anyone know of a easy way to turn the transmit sound off of the
K3s from the speakers when transmitting FT8?
RTFM!

73, Jim K9YC

Bill Maddock

Jim,

Just turn down the Power/Comp/Monitor knob on front of K3.

On Monday, May 3, 2021, 2:02 PM, mistuff <mistuff@...> wrote:

You are probably hearing the monitor.You can just turn it down so you don’t hear it.

HOLD DOWN the cmp/pwr button and see  "Mon" appear on the display. Turn the knob to turn down the mon. Push the button again to leave the menu.

I hope this helps

73,

Tom w2mn

On 5/3/2021 10:52 AM, Keith KV5J via groups.io wrote:
> Does anyone know of a easy way to turn the transmit sound off of the
> K3s from the speakers when transmitting FT8?

RTFM!

73, Jim K9YC

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

Set the monitor level to 0.

On 5/3/2021 12:52 PM, Keith KV5J via groups.io wrote:
Does anyone know of a easy way to turn the transmit sound off of the K3s from the speakers when transmitting FT8?

Keith, KV5J

Keith KV5J

Thanks everyone.  I had an email from a blind ham and was on the road so I thought it would be easy to just ask here.

Keith, KV5J