K3 update

Richard Line

I haven’t done a recent down load in QUITE awhile, years !

Can I just go ahead without any concerns ?

                      Rich KC8HMJ

Brian K0DTJ

Each update contains all previous changes. You might want to read through the release notes between your current version and the latest to see what might be needed. I remember having to rerun  the TX-GAIN cal somewhere along the line.

GL & 73,
Brian, K0DTJ

On Jun 4, 2021, at 20:06, Richard Line <radioman@...> wrote:

I haven’t done a recent down load in QUITE awhile, years !

Can I just go ahead without any concerns ?

                      Rich KC8HMJ

Keith_WE6R

Save your config first.
On very rare occasions, with a large jump in FW, I have see the ADC ref  voltage go to 4.00 volts, which is out of range (should be closer to 5). (config menu ADC REF).
You may need to do an EE INIT, factory reset.
Keith WE6R K3 / K4 Tech

Richard Line

Thanks Brian K0DTJ, guess I better not wait till the last minute before field day.

                                Rich KC8HMJ

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

I suggest three things:  (a) using the K3 Utility, make a backup of your radio configuration.  (b) using the K3 Utility, download the latest version from the Elecraft site and install same into your radio.  (c) after install make another backup configuration.  {they will have different time stamps.}

I check for updates at least once a month on everything on my radios and my computers.   And I always make regular backups of the computers and radios.  Failing to do this is much like jumping out of an airplane and then realizing one forgot to put on their parachute.   It's then way too late to do anything about it.