K3 question re dual receive

Larry Phipps <larry@...>

I would also like to see a DSP implementation of a noise canceller similar in concept to the MFJ-1026, which samples QRN on an aux antenna, and subtracts that from the signal on the main antenna. It can be very effective for low band local QRN, but the MFJ implementation is not very convenient or well done. This seems like a perfect fit for DSP, and the hardware is there already.

I am posting this to both lists, since my emails to the regular reflector periodically get blocked by the SPAM filter.

73,
Larry N8LP

Brett gazdzinski wrote:

I hope Elecraft eventually looks into diversity receive.
With 2 receivers in the same box, and all the computer stuff,
I would think it would be possible to do some sort of diversity
reception, its real handy for swl and AM work, and can help
a lot on there modes also.
I could hook up the home brew G5RV and the vertical, often one
is working much better than the other at any given moment....

I would think diversity would put the K3 well beyond what
any other radio could hope for in RX performance.

Brett
N2DTS

bassguitarman2 <dlance@...>

This one works
Dave
http://www.dxengineering.com/Products.asp?ID={6F07CEB4-27D0-4664-A2AA-352A69ED88CD}&SecID=114&DeptID=12

Brett gazdzinski wrote:
I hope Elecraft eventually looks into diversity receive.
With 2 receivers in the same box, and all the computer stuff,
I would think it would be possible to do some sort of diversity
reception, its real handy for swl and AM work, and can help
a lot on there modes also.
I could hook up the home brew G5RV and the vertical, often one
is working much better than the other at any given moment....

I would think diversity would put the K3 well beyond what
any other radio could hope for in RX performance.

Brett
N2DTS

Larry Phipps <larry@...>

Thanks Dave, it looks nice. I use one I built a number of years ago. I
was just thinking that it would probably be easy to add that
capability to the K3 using only firmware... maybe even make it
automatic like some notch filters are.

73,
Larry N8LP

Brett gazdzinski wrote:
I hope Elecraft eventually looks into diversity receive.
With 2 receivers in the same box, and all the computer stuff,
I would think it would be possible to do some sort of diversity
reception, its real handy for swl and AM work, and can help
a lot on there modes also.
I could hook up the home brew G5RV and the vertical, often one
is working much better than the other at any given moment....

I would think diversity would put the K3 well beyond what
any other radio could hope for in RX performance.

Brett
N2DTS

bassguitarman2 <dlance@...>

That would be nice. I'm assuming the K# will have true diversity dual
receive.
Dave