K3 MACRO/ Text Message entry HELP

Dave Weiss

Hi All:

I am trying to enter K3 Commands through my P3. Following procedure, I am supposed to see a small blue window on the P3 to enter commands. I used to be able to do this but now, there is no blue window.  I have a feeling that it is hiding and will not show. I know that I am close to finding it but not there yet.

I do have a USB keyboard into the rear of the P3 and I know that it works.

I do have the P3 set to show SVGA data and it is "on" using the Knob.

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Dave  K3FT

Larry Nissen

The keyboard you use must not be a multimedia keyboard.  It needs to be a 'dumb' keyboard without any multimedia functions.  You'll probably need to go looking at Goodwill or similar store to find them.

I know of two Dell keyboards that work.  Both are 'KB212-B'.  But that is not enough.  I had to sample multiples to find ones that work.  There is a 'D P/N' at the bottom of the Dell sticker on the back.  Two part numbers I know that work are '0DJ458' and '0DJ454'.  There may be others that work as well.  YMMV.

Larry - N7LAN