Topics

K3 interfacing

Peter-K8PT

Just obtained a used K3. Interested in finding out what are folks using to interface with a PC for CAT and CW PTT ?
73, Peter-K8PT

On my home pc:
I use a straight RS232 cable to DB9 connectors on K3 and pc.
CW and PTT run over pins 4 and 7 of the same cable.
So CAT and PTT/CW over same cable.

On my laptop:
USB-serial converter. CW, PTT and CAT over the same cable, see above

On the club computer when in serious contest:
USB to serial converter for CAT
Second USB to serial converter to an old K1EL winkey (it has DB9 connector) for CW and PTT

73,
Arie PA3A
K3 #12xx

Op 31-5-2020 om 21:08 schreef Peter-K8PT:

Just obtained a used K3. Interested in finding out what are folks using to interface with a PC for CAT and CW PTT ?
73, Peter-K8PT

Christopher Scibelli

I use microHam Digi Keyer ll.

73,

Chris  NU1O

Just obtained a used K3. Interested in finding out what are folks using to interface with a PC for CAT and CW PTT ?
73, Peter-K8PT

Gerard

I have Microham gear in my shack.  Portable I use K1EL keyer.

Gerard

On Mon 1 Jun 2020, 11:16 Christopher Scibelli via groups.io, <nu1oscar=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I use microHam Digi Keyer ll.

73,

Chris  NU1O

Just obtained a used K3. Interested in finding out what are folks using to interface with a PC for CAT and CW PTT ?
73, Peter-K8PT

Mark Morin

A $15 FTDI USB-Serial adaptor and a home-brew (about $0.50 in parts) keying adapter that has 1 transistor for PTT or the deluxe 2-transistor model that does PTT and Keyer. You don't need anything fancy.

Mark VA2MM

Anthony Luscre

You can use this simple interface to key K3 also

--
Anthony Luscre

K8ZT
Ohio Section Section Youth Coordinator & Education Outreach
ARRL - The National Association For Amateur Radio™

k8zt@... (best for Amateur Radio)

The Web Resource Hoarder- www.ZTLearn.com

K8ZT Radio Website- www.k8zt.com

Amateur Radio Resources for Students/Youth - www.k8zt.com/hry