K3 Confirmation Beeps disappeared

Ian White

On my old K3 (s/n 07xx) the button-press confirmation beeps have suddenly disappeared. Firmware is up-to-date and I am not aware of having done anything that would affect that feature.

Any ideas, please?

(Yes, I have tried turning them off and on again... and again.)

73 from Ian GM3SEK

john ni0k

The monitor volume affects the beeps. I've been down that road and have the t-shirt.

-de John NI0K in rural Debs, MN USA

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 02:09 PM, john ni0k wrote:
The monitor volume affects the beeps.

Before writing my previous post, I had checked the effect of the MON setting but the confirmation beeps remained stubbornly absent.

Prompted by John's suggestion, I decided to check the effect of MON one more time; and for some reason, I also decided to change mode before doing so - and the beeps came back! They are now working again, on all modes. Strange...

The MON setting still has no effect on the level of confirmation beeps, but I had never expected or noticed that feature previously.

Thanks for the prompt, John. Case closed.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

Ian:
 The SW TONE  {switch tone} options as described on page 65 of the manual.  There are several configurations and meanings for various tone sequences.   There are Low to High beeps and High to Low beeps meaning different things. Plus there are low pitch tones, medium pitch tones, and high pitch tones.   All meaning something different.