Subject: [Elecraft-K3] K3 Config and Main Menu Dump?
From: "Ed via groups.io" <elancki@...>
Date: Mon, November 02, 2020 8:56 am
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

Is there a way to read back the K3 Config and Main Menu settings into a spreadsheet or CSV file?  I have two club K3 stations that occasionally experience some changes to the menus.  It would be nice to be able to quickly verify what the changes were, and if necessary restore the menus.
Thanks & 73,
Ed
N2BHD

Jim N7US

VA2FSQ’s Win4K3Suite can do that and much more.

https://va2fsq.com/

73,  Jim N7US

Is there a way to read back the K3 Config and Main Menu settings into a spreadsheet or CSV file?  I have two club K3 stations that occasionally experience some changes to the menus.  It would be nice to be able to quickly verify what the changes were, and if necessary restore the menus.
Thanks & 73,
Ed
N2BHD

Mike Flowers

Hi Jim,

I also sent them your excellent spreadsheet - thanks for preparing that one.

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Nov 2, 2020, at 8:07 AM, Jim N7US <jim@...> wrote:

VA2FSQ’s Win4K3Suite can do that and much more.

https://va2fsq.com/

73,  Jim N7US

Is there a way to read back the K3 Config and Main Menu settings into a spreadsheet or CSV file?  I have two club K3 stations that occasionally experience some changes to the menus.  It would be nice to be able to quickly verify what the changes were, and if necessary restore the menus.
Thanks & 73,
Ed
N2BHD

_._,_._,_

Ed

Thank you for the suggestions and spreadsheet.  The club K3 radios are set up for remote control via RemoteHams.com software, so most of the the Win4K3Suite features wouldn't be used.  I will manually record the settings, and save it for our records.
73,
Ed
N2BHD