K3 and selecting DVR messages with the KPOD

Tom Kruczek

Hello.  I have the KDVR3 installed on my K3 and was just looking at macro settings for the KPOD to play back prerecorded TX messages.  I don't see anything to trigger a recorded message for TX using the KPOD.  If anyone has a sample, please post it here.  It may not be available from what I can tell in searching the manuals.  Hopefully I missed it.

Thanks,
Tom / W1TXT

Dennis Moore

I have DVR messages saved into M1-M4 on the K3, pressing F1 plays M1, F2 plays M2, etc. Really no setup required, it just works.

From the KPod manual:

Store the macros you wish to launch from the K-Pod in memory locations 1 through 16 on your K3S/K3
using the K3 Utility program as follows:
-Be sure you have K3 Utility Program rev. 1.16.3.11 or later installed on your personal computer
(older versions will not allow you to store macros 9-16).
-Connect your K3S or K3 to your personal computer and run the K3 Utility Program.
-Click on the Command Tester/K3 Macros tab.
-In the window that pops up, click on the Edit Macros button
-Enter the macros and macro labels in the spaces provided. Note that your macro label cannot
exceed seven characters including spaces.
-Click on Write to K3 to store the macros in the K3.
Macros are launched at the K-Pod using tap and hold presses of switches F1 through F8 just as you tap
and hold front panel switches on your K3S/K3:
-Holding switches F1 through F8 for 1/2 second or more launches K3S/K3 macros 1 through 8.
-Tapping switches F1 through F8 (holding for less than 1/2 second) launches K3S/K3 macros 9
through 16.

Hope this helps.

73, Dennis NJ6G

On 7/7/2021 09:49, Tom Kruczek wrote:
Hello.  I have the KDVR3 installed on my K3 and was just looking at macro settings for the KPOD to play back prerecorded TX messages.  I don't see anything to trigger a recorded message for TX using the KPOD.  If anyone has a sample, please post it here. It may not be available from what I can tell in searching the manuals.  Hopefully I missed it.

Thanks,
Tom / W1TXT

Tom Kruczek

Hey Dennis.  Thanks for the info.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or perhaps I don't completely follow you.

I have several macros already defined for the K-Pod and they work fine.  If I understand your comments, you don't have anything in macro positions M1-4 in the K3 utility to get the K-Pod to playback corresponding DVR messages 1-4?

My macro slots M1-4 are empty and they do nothing when F1-F4 is pressed and held on the K-Pod, although Macro1 - Macro-4 does appear on the K3 sub display.
Can you please verify your macros M1-4 have no content in your K3 utility?  If they have content, what is it?
Thanks,
Tom / W1TXT

Mitch NW0M

Hi Tom,

You still have to code the Switch Macros to trigger M1-M4.  Looking at page 20 of the K-Pod manual lists the Switch Codes.

M1:  SWT21;
M2:  SWT31;
M3:  SWT35;
M4:  SWT39;

73, Mitch

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 05:15 AM, Tom Kruczek wrote:
Hey Dennis.  Thanks for the info.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or perhaps I don't completely follow you.

I have several macros already defined for the K-Pod and they work fine.  If I understand your comments, you don't have anything in macro positions M1-4 in the K3 utility to get the K-Pod to playback corresponding DVR messages 1-4?

My macro slots M1-4 are empty and they do nothing when F1-F4 is pressed and held on the K-Pod, although Macro1 - Macro-4 does appear on the K3 sub display.
Can you please verify your macros M1-4 have no content in your K3 utility?  If they have content, what is it?
Thanks,
Tom / W1TXT

Tom Kruczek

Thanks, Mitch!  I see it on page 20 of the K-Pod manual.  I was doing word searches thru the manual
and missed it.  Thanks again, Guys.
Tom / W1TXT