Topics

K3/10 For Sale

Ed Pflueger

I recently acquired a K3/10 Serial# 7928.  The rig has the sub receiver with only the 2.7 filter in it.  The main receiver has the 2.7, 500, and 250 hz. filters.  The synthesizers are of the earlier version.  The main tuning knob might be a CNC Machined one, but I’m not sure.  It had some minor scratches on the top lid and missing the rubber feet on the side panel and I did replace them with new ones from Elecraft.  I also added the latest firmware, checked the IF out with my P3 and connected it to my KPA 500 and all works.  I also checked the filters for gain etc. and all is configured properly.

It does not have a Microphone, manuals or original box.  I’ll ship it to the 48 states insured for $1100.  I have too many rigs and would like to find this one a good owner especially since it has the second receiver.

Ed Pflueger AB4IQ

Paducah, KY

270-331-4331

mikerodgerske5gbc

I have one similar to that. Shame that's all it's worth. I remember when it would have been a lot more. 73

Mike R

7!
Absolutely Awesome

On Sep 17, 2019, at 6:35 PM, Ed Pflueger <ab4iq@...> wrote:

[...]

dean laclair

Low... Might grab it to replace my kx3/15
DL, K2WW

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019, 21:18 mikerodgerske5gbc via Groups.Io <mikerodgerske5gbc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Sold it last night in ten minutes and already shipped to new owner.

73’s Ed..

[...]

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

WOW that was fast.   I thought it was a good deal.  I did have 2nd thoughts and then I considered the price of adding the 2 SYN boards and adding the 100 W PA and the ATU.   Nah, too much money in total for my ham radio budget.   I did mention it to wife Linda, thinking it would be nice for the travel trailer,  and her response "you want what?".   Nuff said.

On 9/18/2019 10:54 AM, Ed Pflueger wrote:

[...]

She sounds Laura Gail Bob.  Hi Hi…

[...]

harry latterman <harrylatterman@...>

If you want a K3/10 but own a K3/100 the solutions is simple.  Contact Electraft and order the jumper that is pre-installed in the K31/10 that bypasses where the AMP module goes in.  I did  I think I paid less then $10 for it. So to convert my K3/100 into a lower power K3/100 I just open the radio, remove the 100 watt AMP module, put the factory jumper or the /10 model in and you now have a KX3 alternative .

73 Harry K7ZOV

On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 10:04:31 AM MST, Ed Pflueger <ab4iq@...> wrote:

[...]

GRANT YOUNGMAN <ghyoungman@...>

If you want a lower power K3/100, you could just turn the power down ….

Grant NQ5T
KX3 (8342)/KXPA100

On Sep 18, 2019, at 1:27 PM, harry latterman via Groups.Io <harrylatterman=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

If you want a K3/10 but own a K3/100 the solutions is simple. Contact Electraft and order the jumper that is pre-installed in the K31/10 that bypasses where the AMP module goes in. I did I think I paid less then $10 for it. So to convert my K3/100 into a lower power K3/100 I just open the radio, remove the 100 watt AMP module, put the factory jumper or the /10 model in and you now have a KX3 alternative .

dalej

Or go in the config menu and make it not installed.

Dalej.

On 18, Sep 2019, at 12:55, GRANT YOUNGMAN <ghyoungman@...> wrote:

If you want a lower power K3/100, you could just turn the power down ….

Grant NQ5T
KX3 (8342)/KXPA100

On Sep 18, 2019, at 1:27 PM, harry latterman via Groups.Io <harrylatterman=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

If you want a K3/10 but own a K3/100 the solutions is simple. Contact Electraft and order the jumper that is pre-installed in the K31/10 that bypasses where the AMP module goes in. I did I think I paid less then $10 for it. So to convert my K3/100 into a lower power K3/100 I just open the radio, remove the 100 watt AMP module, put the factory jumper or the /10 model in and you now have a KX3 alternative .

Ed Pflueger

I really believe folks that Bob was just joking as usual. I've known Bob for years and he knows how to operate his K3S or any other rig he might have laying around.
Hi HI.

Ed.. AB4IQ

Or go in the config menu and make it not installed.

Dalej.

On 18, Sep 2019, at 12:55, GRANT YOUNGMAN <ghyoungman@...> wrote:

If you want a lower power K3/100, you could just turn the power down ….

Grant NQ5T
KX3 (8342)/KXPA100

On Sep 18, 2019, at 1:27 PM, harry latterman via Groups.Io <harrylatterman=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

If you want a K3/10 but own a K3/100 the solutions is simple. Contact Electraft and order the jumper that is pre-installed in the K31/10 that bypasses where the AMP module goes in. I did I think I paid less then $10 for it. So to convert my K3/100 into a lower power K3/100 I just open the radio, remove the 100 watt AMP module, put the factory jumper or the /10 model in and you now have a KX3 alternative .

dalej

I might have my K3 up for sale, SN 22xx, it has the 100 watt amp, new synth, built in ant tuner. $1650 PP ok. Will split shipping.

I already have a K3s and the whole elecraft line.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 18, Sep 2019, at 15:06, Ed Pflueger <ab4iq@...> wrote:

[...]

Ray Maxfield

Thanks for the WARNING !   ray

I really believe folks that Bob was just joking as usual.  I've known Bob for years and he  knows how to operate his K3S or any other rig he might have laying around.

Hi HI.

Ed.. AB4IQ

Or go in the config menu and make it not installed.

Dalej.

On 18, Sep 2019, at 12:55, GRANT YOUNGMAN <ghyoungman@...> wrote:

If you want a lower power K3/100, you could just turn the power down ….

Grant NQ5T

KX3 (8342)/KXPA100

> On Sep 18, 2019, at 1:27 PM, harry latterman via Groups.Io <harrylatterman@...> wrote:

> If you want a K3/10 but own a K3/100 the solutions is simple.  Contact Electraft and order the jumper that is pre-installed in the K31/10 that bypasses where the AMP module goes in.  I did  I think I paid less then $10 for it. So to convert my K3/100 into a lower power K3/100 I just open the radio, remove the 100 watt AMP module, put the factory jumper or the /10 model in and you now have a KX3 alternative .

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

I think I have all under control, from my SDR Play, to my Elecraft K line, to my 1200 lb RCA 1KW broadcast transmitter, and several in between.   Yet I'm considered only a novice at ham radio since I was licensed in 1959.  {If I did the arithmetic correctly that's 60 years as of last month.}  Since being licensed, I've attained 3 college degrees, raised a family,  worked for 3 major electronics corporations, and now retired.   Speaking of which, it's time for my afternoon nap.   Thanks guys.

K3S, P3, KPA500, KAT500

On 9/18/2019 3:17 PM, Ray Maxfield wrote:

Thanks for the WARNING !   ray

I really believe folks that Bob was just joking as usual.  I've known Bob for years and he  knows how to operate his K3S or any other rig he might have laying around.

Hi HI.

Ed.. AB4IQ

Or go in the config menu and make it not installed.

Dalej.

On 18, Sep 2019, at 12:55, GRANT YOUNGMAN <ghyoungman@...> wrote:

If you want a lower power K3/100, you could just turn the power down ….

Grant NQ5T

KX3 (8342)/KXPA100

> On Sep 18, 2019, at 1:27 PM, harry latterman via Groups.Io <harrylatterman@...> wrote:

> If you want a K3/10 but own a K3/100 the solutions is simple.  Contact Electraft and order the jumper that is pre-installed in the K31/10 that bypasses where the AMP module goes in.  I did  I think I paid less then $10 for it. So to convert my K3/100 into a lower power K3/100 I just open the radio, remove the 100 watt AMP module, put the factory jumper or the /10 model in and you now have a KX3 alternative .

Mel Marcus

You deserve the nap,  hope to hear you on the air soon NEWBIE

Mel
NE9A

I really believe folks that Bob was just joking as usual.  I've known Bob for years and he  knows how to operate his K3S or any other rig he might have laying around.
Hi HI.

Ed.. AB4IQ
Or go in the config menu and make it not installed.

Dalej.

On 18, Sep 2019, at 12:55, GRANT YOUNGMAN <ghyoungman@...> wrote:

If you want a lower power K3/100, you could just turn the power down ….

Grant NQ5T
KX3 (8342)/KXPA100

> On Sep 18, 2019, at 1:27 PM, harry latterman via Groups.Io <harrylatterman@...> wrote:
>
> If you want a K3/10 but own a K3/100 the solutions is simple.  Contact Electraft and order the jumper that is pre-installed in the K31/10 that bypasses where the AMP module goes in.  I did  I think I paid less then $10 for it. So to convert my K3/100 into a lower power K3/100 I just open the radio, remove the 100 watt AMP module, put the factory jumper or the /10 model in and you now have a KX3 alternative .

Ray Maxfield

Bob………I worked so Many jobs, they forgot me !     nap time too…………ray wa6vab..

Sent from Mail for Windows 10