K3/0-mini Schematic

Dan K4FN

Does anyone know where I can find a schematic for a K3/0-Mini?

Dan  K4FN

Dan K4FN

No luck finding a schematic!  Does anyone have the pinout for the 15 pin rear connector?

Dan  K4FN

Mark Morin

"Does anyone have the pinout for the 15 pin rear connector?"

Dan, I pieced the K3/0 Mini pin-out together pretty well using the cable wiring diagram on the last page of the Elecraft K3 remote manual (K3/0-mini to Remote-Rig Interface Cable). That diagram doesn't define what the pin functions are, but it shows where they connect on the RRC. Then I just used the remote-rig RRC-1258 manual (www.remoterig.com)  to see what each of the pins does. Worked for me.

Mark VA2MM

Dan K4FN

Edited

Mark,
That works for all except the AUX/MIC RJ45 connector which depends on the jumper settings in the RRC.  I having trouble tracing them back.
Dan  K4FN

Henk PA0C

Hi Dan,

I figured out part of the connector, only what I needed.

With the AUX/RJ45 connector towards you:

At the 9 pin “IC-connector”, the row towards the middle of the pcb, counting from left to right

2 mic ground

3 ground

4 mic input

5 ptt input

Hope this helps a bit

73 Henk

PA0C

That works for all except the AUX/MIC RJ45 connector which depends on the jumper settings in the RRC.  I having trouble tracing them back.
Dan  K4FN

Henk PA0C

Sorry, it was still early, I made a mistake.

The correct order is:

2 mic ground

3 ground

5 mic input

6 ptt input

73 Henk

PA0C

That works for all except the AUX/MIC RJ45 connector which depends on the jumper settings in the RRC.  I having trouble tracing them back.
Dan  K4FN

Colin Smithers

Look here:

https://ftp.elecraft.com/K3-Remote/Manuals%20Downloads/K3%20Remote%20Owner's%20Manual%20%20Rev%20D.pdf

Also look at the remoterig manuals which include a lot of interface info to the K3, K3S, K3 remote and many other rigs.

73, Colin G4CWH

No luck finding a schematic!  Does anyone have the pinout for the 15 pin rear connector?

Dan  K4FN

Dan K4FN

Edited

Thanks to all.  That’s what I was looking for.

AUX/MIC RJ45
2 mic ground
3 ground
5 mic input