Topics

Fw: KPA500 /K3 settings.

Mike Streeter

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Mike Streeter <wm5dx@...>

Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020, 03:42:15 PM CDT
Subject: KPA500 /K3 settings.

I think I've been here before but don't remember what I did to fix it.

My K3 and KPA500 have been working great for a long time but today I was running 20m with about 30 watts from the K3 to the amp which was putting out about 500 watts just fine.

I switched to 40m and the amp will not operate. Not putting out on all bands (other than 20m) but 20m is just fine. SWR is below 2:1 on all bands.

It is showing the asterisk on the left of the display but no power out.

No faults showing.

Connected the dummy load to be sure it's not a cable or antenna fault and the problem remains the same.

Since the radio and the amp are working fine on 20m I'm thinking I have a config setting wrong somewhere. looked at the menu settings in Freds book but don't see anything wrong.

Any suggestions please?

Mike, WM5DX.