Topics

For Sale: K3/100+sub+ATU

Paul Booth

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition

s/n 4849

Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades

KRX3 sub receiver

Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter

KBPF3 general coverage option

KAT3 ATU

Does not have the synths upgraded

Manuals & upgrade docs included

Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

Mel Marcus

Does it have the KBPF3 general coverage option on both receivers?

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition
s/n 4849
Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades
KRX3 sub receiver
Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter
KBPF3 general coverage option
KAT3 ATU
Does not have the synths upgraded
Manuals & upgrade docs included
Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

Paul Booth

Pretty sure it is just the main but I’ll check and let you know later if not so.

73s, Paul, W6IBU

Does it have the KBPF3 general coverage option on both receivers?

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition

s/n 4849

Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades

KRX3 sub receiver

Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter

KBPF3 general coverage option

KAT3 ATU

Does not have the synths upgraded

Manuals & upgrade docs included

Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

lloyd chastant

I'd like it info for $$ and shipment
LLoyd w3nf

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:04 AM Paul Booth <wa6ibu@...> wrote:

Pretty sure it is just the main but I’ll check and let you know later if not so.

73s, Paul, W6IBU

Does it have the KBPF3 general coverage option on both receivers?

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition

s/n 4849

Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades

KRX3 sub receiver

Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter

KBPF3 general coverage option

KAT3 ATU

Does not have the synths upgraded

Manuals & upgrade docs included

Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

Paul Booth

Asking $1550 which includes shipping, by paypal.  You can email me privately as listed in qrz.com and I’ll send account information.  You can also check my feedback on ebay under user “wa6ibu”.  Thanks.

73s, Paul, W6IBU

Pretty sure it is just the main but I’ll check and let you know later if not so.

73s, Paul, W6IBU

Does it have the KBPF3 general coverage option on both receivers?

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition

s/n 4849

Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades

KRX3 sub receiver

Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter

KBPF3 general coverage option

KAT3 ATU

Does not have the synths upgraded

Manuals & upgrade docs included

Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

lloyd chastant

Is PayPal ok
Lloydw3nf

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 2:05 AM Paul Booth <wa6ibu@...> wrote:

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition

s/n 4849

Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades

KRX3 sub receiver

Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter

KBPF3 general coverage option

KAT3 ATU

Does not have the synths upgraded

Manuals & upgrade docs included

Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

Paul Booth

Yes, my paypal is wa6ibu@...

73, Paul, W6IBU

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition

s/n 4849

Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades

KRX3 sub receiver

Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter

KBPF3 general coverage option

KAT3 ATU

Does not have the synths upgraded

Manuals & upgrade docs included

Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

mikerodgerske5gbc

It's disappointing to see what prices have dropped to. This is not the only one. My k3/10 must not be worth squat.

73
Mike R

7!
Absolutely Awesome

On May 26, 2020, at 11:22 AM, Paul Booth <wa6ibu@...> wrote:

Yes, my paypal is wa6ibu@...

73, Paul, W6IBU

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition

s/n 4849

Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades

KRX3 sub receiver

Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter

KBPF3 general coverage option

KAT3 ATU

Does not have the synths upgraded

Manuals & upgrade docs included

Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

Mel Marcus

What is good about a k3/10 is that it still can excite an amp lke the kpa500, why get 100 board if you are going to use and amp

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition
s/n 4849
Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades
KRX3 sub receiver
Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter
KBPF3 general coverage option
KAT3 ATU
Does not have the synths upgraded
Manuals & upgrade docs included
Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

redarlington

Not all of us are satisfied at a measly 500 watts.

-Bob

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 7:00 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

What is good about a k3/10 is that it still can excite an amp lke the kpa500, why get 100 board if you are going to use and amp

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition
s/n 4849
Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades
KRX3 sub receiver
Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter
KBPF3 general coverage option
KAT3 ATU
Does not have the synths upgraded
Manuals & upgrade docs included
Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

Wes Stewart

Because a K3/10 can't fully excite a KPA500.

Wes   N7WS

On Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 6:00:48 PM MST, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

What is good about a k3/10 is that it still can excite an amp lke the kpa500, why get 100 board if you are going to use and amp

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition
s/n 4849
Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades
KRX3 sub receiver
Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter
KBPF3 general coverage option
KAT3 ATU
Does not have the synths upgraded
Manuals & upgrade docs included
Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

Mel Marcus

how excited will the kpa500 be?

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition
s/n 4849
Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades
KRX3 sub receiver
Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter
KBPF3 general coverage option
KAT3 ATU
Does not have the synths upgraded
Manuals & upgrade docs included
Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

Paul Booth

500 watts is sometimes all we have or afford.  With a little help from the sunspots I worked 355 entities with only 500 watts and my best antenna was a Mosley ta33jr on the roof.

73, Paul, W6IBU

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition

s/n 4849

Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades

KRX3 sub receiver

Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter

KBPF3 general coverage option

KAT3 ATU

Does not have the synths upgraded

Manuals & upgrade docs included

Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

Ray Maxfield

I Agree… Money is Best Spent On Antenna’s  …. WA6VAB  K3 sn: 3824

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

500 watts is sometimes all we have or afford.  With a little help from the sunspots I worked 355 entities with only 500 watts and my best antenna was a Mosley ta33jr on the roof.

73, Paul, W6IBU

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition

s/n 4849

Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades

KRX3 sub receiver

Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter

KBPF3 general coverage option

KAT3 ATU

Does not have the synths upgraded

Manuals & upgrade docs included

Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

redarlington

I promise you my $400 1700+ watt (into a dummy load, I always stay inside the law) was cheaper than your kpa500.  No, it's not as fast to tune and band switch.  It takes me almost 2 seconds to do it (Henry 2K-3).   It's a little heavier tho.

And I did spend money on antennas.  And then a little more on an amplifier.   I don't always run it and am sometimes satisfied the 100W or so out of the K3S, but it's there when I want to push the button and turn the knob.

So to directly answer the question about why the 10W is better than the 100 if you're buying the kpa500, well, the fact is it's not.   You're severely crippled.

-Bob

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:46 PM Paul Booth <wa6ibu@...> wrote:

500 watts is sometimes all we have or afford.  With a little help from the sunspots I worked 355 entities with only 500 watts and my best antenna was a Mosley ta33jr on the roof.

73, Paul, W6IBU

I have for sale a factory built K3/100 in excellent condition

s/n 4849

Rev. B mother board/H3 Assy will all upgrades

KRX3 sub receiver

Both Main and Sub receiver has 2.8KHz Elecraft filter

KBPF3 general coverage option

KAT3 ATU

Does not have the synths upgraded

Manuals & upgrade docs included

Asking $1550 shipped

73, Paul, W6IBU

robert hammond

A couple of flaws in the argument for using a K3/10 "barefoot"  to drive the KPA 500.......

It will not drive the amp to 500 watts out. Depending on the band in use  probably nearer 150 watts out.

The K3/10 final stage will probably expire iif you are using them at the full 12 watts out on digital modes.

My KPA 500 suits me just fine ........from the land of 400 watts maximum power output

73

Bob G4DBW

Mel Marcus

at 10w in 160w would only be about 12db

A couple of flaws in the argument for using a K3/10 "barefoot"  to drive the KPA 500.......

It will not drive the amp to 500 watts out. Depending on the band in use  probably nearer 150 watts out.

The K3/10 final stage will probably expire iif you are using them at the full 12 watts out on digital modes.

My KPA 500 suits me just fine ........from the land of 400 watts maximum power output

73

Bob G4DBW

Wes Stewart

Assume 15 dB gain (Max allowed by FCC) and the K3 running at 8W = ~250W.

My K3S on 160 meters puts out 237W according to an LP100 power meter with 8W drive.

Why only 8W you ask.  Because that is a safe number and the TX IMD is acceptable (as acceptable as any 12V radio can be, which doesn't say much).  If you are tempted to run more than 10W with a K3(S)/10, please don't.  TX IMD is horrible.

Wes  N7WS

mikerodgerske5gbc

My favorite thing is working you kilowatt guys with my k3/10.

Of course the modified als-600 will pump that up to 400 when needed.

73
Mike R

7!
Absolutely Awesome