Topics

Faulty KXV3-1

JohnG3PQA

Am trying to fix an old 2008 KXV3-1 Rev.B which has the following symptoms:-
1. When using the RX input, pressing the RX button does not disconnect the signal
2. The RX sensitivity is approx 10dB down on both ANT1 and RX inputs.
I can hear relays operating when pressing the RX button.
I have replaced both D5 KXV3 and D25 on RF board, with no change to the symptoms.
Has anyone seen this before?   Suggestions welcome.
73
John G3PQA

JohnG3PQA

Fixed.
Turned out to be two faults.
Replaced D5 (BAP64-04), and RXA modification board, for second time , and unit now works perfectly.

METRA FLORENT

Thank you for your update !

73’s F4CWN

Envoyé depuis mon mobile.

Le 28 mars 2020 à 02:29, JohnG3PQA <g3pqa@...> a écrit :

Bob G3REP

That's good to hear John.

You can get back to chasing the DX on 160m rather than trying to fault find the rig !!

73s
Bob
G3REP